Thursday, March 07, 2019

Sunny But Cool

Since the storm on Monday, we have had cooler, sunny weather. Last night about 1/2" of snow fell. It was -13C this morning. With all the sunshine we've been having, Elliott has been sleeping in sometime during the day. Yesterday was on our bed. 
Someone mentioned last night that we are to get an early spring. I'm not getting excited about it for another week to 10 days. We had the new moon last night and the weather should change in 3 days. That's why I'm waiting a week to 10 days. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday, I touched up the upstairs and cleaned the stairs up and the landing before the hand held vacuum clean died. I see I need to do a bit more on the stairs. 
The Spousal Unit put away the puzzle we had started as I don't have the time to help him with it. He was fussing about it so we will tackle it this fall. We did the border on another puzzle that was difficult enough. Too many pieces that were almost the same in cut. It took several tries to get each side done. 

Health

Weigh-in was last night and I lost another 1.8 lbs. I've lost 19.6 lbs. I met the first of my March goals last night. On to the next one. I have come to terms with how I am going to loose my weight and when I'd like to reach my goal. My main thing is to keep focused. 

Sewing

Yesterday I cut out the sleeves for the shirt. I spent a bit of time figuring out that the sleeve pattern I'm using needs to be a small rather than a medium. 
I will have to make the cuff a bit smaller to fit this sleeve. 

Wardrobe Planning

I'm in the very early stages of wardrobe planning. I want to wear out the items I have as I loose weight and then buy/sew what I need. One of the first items I want to make is a purse/small bag. I'm thinking of a couple of patterns. One will be in cotton, linen, or linen cotton blend. The other will be in a pleather. Both will be in black. 

Pattern Academy

I'm still working on yokes but only have 4 left to go before I start the surplice yoke. It really leaves me thinking about what I am going to be able to do when I am done. I know I want to do:

  • basic bodice with pintucks
  • basic surplice bodice (cross over)
  • western shirt yokes
  • high and low yoke on the bodice front and back with some gathering
  • high yoke on the back and turn the lower part on the bias for plaids.
All of these are just using a basic bodice and doing some cutting and manipulation of the basic bodice. There is so much more to learn that I'm looking forward where I will take these yoke changes to. 

Knitting

I worked on the sleeve of a doll's coat and was short a stitch when I got to row 13. Back track to row 13 and found I hadn't increased there. First sleeve is now done and ready for me to start the second one. 

Today

I've done a bit of housework, got a load of laundry on and we will be heading out to the library to pick up a book. A bit of sewing this afternoon and some work on Design Academy. We are out tonight to the airport so no knitting tonight. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment