Thursday, March 21, 2019

Take #2 of Doll Bodice Sloper

We are coming out of another cool spell with temperatures that are hovering around 0C during the day. Yesterday was the first day it got to 4C and today it is suppose to get to 8C. On the plus side, we have had lots of sunshine. Tomorrow, we get rain. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was bedroom cleaning day. I dusted everything and mopped the floors. It was nice to get it done but it wasn't overly dusty. I am trying to keep ahead of too much dust and fluff. 
I've decided that I will be doing an area a day to keep the house clean. It isn't that hard to do; I just need to focus on it. 

Health

Last night was weigh in and I remained the same as the previous week. My body needed a rest from loosing weight and I'm okay with that. I had my treats last night and am ready to eat properly for the next week. I'm going to tighten up portion control a bit this week as I am getting a bit sloppy with it. 

Sewing

I am coming to the end of Pattern Academy and it's time to turn my attention to slopers for the dolls I own. I watched the video twice on the bodice sloper and then decided to work on my sloper. I call it Take #2. 
The first thing I did was to make sure the back piece was wide enough at the back to fit the doll at the neck. I had quite the mess at one point when I decided to add a dart at the waist line. That worked. 
I cut out the sloper and made it up. I was able to get rid of the back darts and take in the back side seam by 1/8". 
The fit was good and I've left it alone for now. 
Next up, I looked at the armholes. My sloper was incorrect as the front hung over the dolls arm in the front. Corrected that and resewed the lines. 
When I folded up the seam allowance on the front piece, the belly button showed which was my goal. 
Looks good from the side. I walked out of the sewing room at that point as I was tired and ready for a break. I had accomplished my goal for that session. 
Take #3 will be drawn with no seam allowances on the arms, neck, and bottom. I will sew it up and see how I like it. Take #4 will have the arm holes taken in by 1/8". If I am happy with both of these muslins, I will proceed to the sleeves. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I needed to rest my brain from everything. 

Today

We have grandson here for the morning so will be going out for a bit after I clean the bathroom. This afternoon, I will work on the sloper for the doll. Tonight I will knit. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment