Thursday, March 28, 2019

Nearing the Testing Finish Line

Yesterday was sunny but cool. The wind had a real bite to it. Today is suppose to be sunny and warmer. We can look forward to a few days of warmer weather even if it means rain is in the forecast. 

Lifestyle

With the need for a few things from the grocery store and a visit to the library, we did get out for a bit. Laundry was done and the house was tidied up a bit. 

Health

I was down another 1.2 lbs and was excited about that. March's goals were met and April's have been set. I had my treat night and will be back at it hard again for the next week. 
I am hoping that I can get out and walk a bit each day it is nice. I would like to start off with 20 minutes and increase my time. 

Sewing

I worked on the vest for the test pattern. The instructions were better as were the pictures. I had it done in about 3 hours. 
As I am detail oriented, I put a smaller button on the front as the big ones looked out of proportion. The vest is lined with mint green broadcloth. 
The faux belt is out of the stripe blouse fabric and I did the top stitching in the same shade of green. 
The pleats are really cute on the peplum and add interest to the outfit. 

Knitting

I worked on the vest and am almost finished. Just the neckband rows to finish up, sew it together and put on the buttons. Another pattern done. 
I did block the coatigan pattern and Lily chose to model it for me. 
It's a perfect spring jacket. I am not knitting anything more to go with this jacket as it was the learning curve. I will add a cute dress to go with it and put it into the sell bin. 

Today

I have to sew up the hat for the outfit and give my thoughts on the pattern. Then I'm free to sew what I want for a month. We have to go out and get library books that arrived. Tonight I hope to finish up the vest. I'm hoping that Friday will bring new projects for sewing and knitting. 
Until the next time........................

No comments:

Post a Comment