Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Part Two of Test Pattern Completed

Yesterday was sunny, cool, and windy. The temperature got to a high of 2C. This morning it was -7C at 6 a.m. and there is a bit of wind. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did some housework before heading down to the sewing room. We both want warmer weather as there is much to be done outside and in the garage. 

Health

For the past 4 days I've eaten most of my points. I have been careful to watch portion control and have a mix of what is called 0 point foods with higher point foods. I'm doing fine and hope the scales show a loss tonight. 

Sewing

I sewed the skirt for the test pattern yesterday. The instructions are not the best and have to be read at least three times. I know what I will do differently the next time with the waistband. 
The front of the skirt is very simple and the back has 4 wonderful pleats on each side of the center back. 
I also like that the back hem dips down slightly. 
So far, this pattern is a keeper and I will make it again for sale. 

Knitting

Both socks now have the heel flaps done and I'm ready to turn the heel. That will be one short sitting after I reread the pattern for that. 
The test pattern has the back knit and ready to start the shoulder part. I could be done by Monday if I work on it every night for an hour. The designer is working on another pattern at the moment so I'll probably pick it up to knit. 

Today

I need to do a bit of shopping and some laundry. The vest needs to be sewn for the outfit and I hope to get it done today. If not, tomorrow. There is still a hat to be sewn after that. I know some of won't be done today as the time line was very short. The designer has realized that. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment