Friday, March 29, 2019

Done All The Testing - On To New Things

Yesterday was another cool, windy and sunny day. During the evening the clouds started to come in, the temperature jumped to higher than our daytime high and it is going to be warmer than expected. And showers will prevail. Spring is coming, slowly, but coming. 

Lifestyle

We had to head out after lunch to pick up two books that arrived in the library. It was a quick trip but one I needed as sewing was stressing me out some. 

Health

I have gone back to eating less higher point foods and more 0 point foods this week. The goal is to try to change it up so I continue to loose weight. I have to work hard to meet April's goals. They are attainable if I keep focused on them. 

Sewing

I finished the test outfit. The hat was stressful and I'm not sure why. I'd make it again. In actual fact, I'd make the outfit again as I now have the knowledge to fix up what isn't clear. 
It is really cute all the way around. 
Having spent so many hours sewing, I need to clean up the room before I move ahead on my next list.

  • Finish western shirt and list it for sale. 
  • Work on sleeve part of the sloper and get a top made. 

Knitting

I finished up the vest yesterday and got pictures taken of it. 
It turned out wonderful and I paired it with the Welsh costume. 
I can see this paired with a kilt and a simple blouse. As it is such a nice pattern, I know I will knit it again down the road. 
I set up grandson's socks back into the round and am ready to start decreasing for the gussets. They look more like a boy's sock rather than a boy's sock with a man's heel. 
I have my scarf to get out again and finish after I have the gussets knit. I need variety in my life. 

Today

I'm off to the city to shop. I'm thinking Bedford with a visit to Fabricville. I will knit on the socks today in hopes of having the gussets done by Sunday night. Then I can get out the scarf to knit on Monday. I usually do a couple of rows on the scarf and a few rows on the sock each evening. Variety. 
Until the next time...........................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:34 PM

    The doll clothes you make are simply beautiful. There is so much detail and work put into those pieces! The fabrics you choose are always lovely too. www.njeffersonltd.com

    ReplyDelete