Thursday, March 14, 2019

Another Lovely Early Spring Day

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day with a high of 6C. It was -6C this morning but the sun is shining for another warm day. Tomorrow it is suppose to rain.

Lifestyle

With the sun shining, we both stood outside on the deck and absorbed the sunshine for a good 5 minutes. The Spousal Unit then shoveled the deck and by dinner time it was dry. He's talking about putting a chair out there to sit on and soak up the sun's rays. We are happy that spring is arriving after a cold winter. 

Health

I lost .4 lb yesterday giving me a 20 lb loss. After loosing 12.8 lbs since the beginning of January, it was time for a small loss. I took it as the scale is going downwards and I met my mini goal. Next goal will be set today though I doubt if I will meet it until April. I need to break it down into 2 or 3 smaller mini goals. 

Sewing

I didn't sew again because I want to get my machine serviced and I was working on a sleeve sloper for the Gotz dolls. I used several sleeve patterns to get what I wanted and it is now ready to test. 
With what I have learned, I can now adjust the sleeve pattern so it will fit both the doll and bodice sloper. I'm doing part of Week 4 while doing Week 3. 
I have gone back and looked at what I designed in Design Academy. I know it is simple compared to what I know now but I am going to continue on with it. 
What is more exciting is how I can expand it. I found a fabric that blend in well with the colors I chose. 
I added some blue butter suede for a jacket. And I found some lovely yarn for a knit coat. See the yellow fabric (muslin broadcloth) at the top. I'm thinking a lovely eyelet dress and a yellow knit sweater. The possibilities are great as the dress can have princess seams and a flared skirt. 

Design Academy

Yesterday I did 4 of the skirt alternations. I am learning a lot and can see possibilities for down the road. The one example is the eyelet dress I talked about above. The flared skirt would be fun to draft and make for both the Gotz and AG dolls. 
I will have to purchase digitizing software so I can get professional patterns printed. For now, I am going to just draw them out by hand. It works for me, not for sharing or selling. Another learning curve. 

Knitting

I was able to find more of the Burgundy yarn and it will be here Friday or Monday. So, I continue knitting on the Coatigan. I will have to plan an outfit around it. 
A lady gave me the name of a yarn shop in Mahone Bay (45 minute drive from here) and they carry SugarBush yarn. It is the blue skein of yarn in the above picture above the white sandals. It comes in a lovely yellow shade that I would love to buy. I could do the lacy coat out of it.
The coat fits the Gotz dolls perfectly and I can knit it one size up for the AG dolls. Dreaming away with all my ideas. 

Today

I'm over to the family's house to let in the cleaners and out to the library this afternoon. Any time left over will be for Pattern Academy. This evening, I will knit on grandson's socks as I'm sure I will be out of yarn for the doll's coat. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment