Monday, March 25, 2019

Starting A Test Pattern - Edwardian Walking Suit

The weather has been crazy; wet, sunny, cool and warm. Yesterday the high was 10C, sunny and windy. This morning it is 0C, calm, cloudy and some snow flurries. 

Lifestyle

Elliott had a bad day on Thursday and he finally settled down in the sewing room to sleep. 
He's been back in that spot to sleep while I have been sewing. 
On Saturday, daughter-in-law, grandson and I headed into the city to do some grocery shopping. I returned the runners and I found a pair I like but at twice the price. I'm thinking on them. 
The Spousal Unit is always talking about carrots and how big he wants them to grow. While at one store, I saw these carrots and had to take a picture of them. 
Grandson's hand for a comparison. 

Health

I have been eating well this week and I hope I have a pound off. I ate a prime rib dinner last night that was delicious. I did the meat, daughter-in-law did the vegetables. The home scales say down. That means I have to eat carefully for the next few days so I can show a loss at weigh in. 

Sewing

I'm up to the third sleeve sloper which I need to trace and cut out to sew. I'm hoping I'm really close. I'll get pictures of how I did this. Totally crazy. 
I bought fabric for a test pattern. It is an Edwardian walking suit. I have the blouse ready to cut out on a nice piece of pale green and white diagonally striped cotton. The skirt, jacket, and hat will be in a dark green cotton. 
I have been thinking about doll clothes and have come to this conclusion:

  • I will continue to work on the slopers for the Gotz dolls and build patterns for them. I have hopes that I can sell them down the road this winter. 
  • I am going to sew up the American Girl and Gotz doll patterns I have and sell them. I'd like to start selling them this fall through Etsy. 
I am going to sew up the western shirts I have the fabric for, post them for sale. I may or may not continue making them. How well they sell will be the key to continue on or stop. 

Knitting


I am knitting on both the test pattern and grandson's socks. When tired of one, I pick up the other. The test pattern has about 30 rows knit and I will be doing another button hole soon. One sock has 8 to 10 rows done on the heel flap. 

Today

I get to sew most of the day. The house is clean and I just have one load of laundry to do. I'm a happy camper to be able to sew most of the day. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment