Friday, March 22, 2019

Take 3C on the Bodice Sloper

Yesterday was warm (9C) and sunny. The wind was cold though. It was 2C at 6 a.m. and it is now raining. No complaints as we have had a lovely sunny spell and will get another one again soon.

Lifestyle

We had grandson for a couple of hours yesterday morning. We had to go out to get Elliott food so we stopped at the feed store to visit with Mister, the cat. At the vet's, the cat was a no show as he was probably eating. 
When son got home from his physio session, the men went to the city to watch the new professional soccer team practice. They were home in the afternoon and had a great time in a heated room watching. 
Mid afternoon, we headed out for a drive down the Chester road to find the greenhouse the Spousal Unit wants to look at. He and son will go back for a good look on Sunday afternoon. 
Late in the afternoon, there were 13 kids out playing on our street. Eight of them were out for a walk with the day care provider and the rest were on bikes, scooters and a pogo stick. All had winter coats on with hats or hoods up. It was fun to watch them having fun in the sun. 

Health

I eat carefully and watched portion control much better. That is my main goal for this week. I'd like to meet my other goal so I must be good. 
My 20 lb loss reward was a new pair of shoes. 
I can't get my size, they are too wide, and I am returning them. I will have to look for another pair of shoes for in the house. I'm really disappointed as they are nice shoes. 

Sewing

I did a goodly number of bodice muslins yesterday. I am pretty sure I have used up a meter of fabric with all the muslins I have made to date. The last one is looking good. 
I slid on the first sleeve I drafted and it is looking pretty good. I have lost the pattern (garbage probably) but have an extra one in fabric to use as a sloper. I can start with that and tweak it as I go along. 
I have to test a pattern so I have chosen to do an Edwardian outfit. I hope to get the pattern today and then get the fabric. I have an idea of what I want and need to hit the fabric store. 

Knitting

I looked at grandson's feet and am I ever happy I ripped the socks back to start the heel flap again. I don't think I have to change much in the length I've chosen for them (34 rows vs 32 rows in his previous pair).
I am testing a pattern for a designer that I love to test for. I got the pattern and found the yarn but I don't have enough. So I start again in another yarn. I'm thinking red and pair it with a white shirt I made plus the plaid pleated skirt. I'm happy with the decision and can move forward on it. 
Today
I need to clean up the kitchen and spot clean our bedroom and the bathroom. I will sew on the latest muslin and work on the sleeve until I get the pattern. I will get the fabric either today or tomorrow. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment