Saturday, March 09, 2019

Is Spring Coming????

We are experiencing our first warm morning (-4C) in a long time. The sun is shining and the wind is coming in more from the south and it looks gorgeous out there. But.....it is suppose to get to -15C tonight. After that, it gets warmer. Is spring coming?

Lifestyle

Thursday, I took it easy and had a nap. I was a bit tired but knew I had to drive home from the airport so didn't want to be tired when we left. I was driving after dark which isn't my favorite time to drive. The drive went amazingly fast and I was only a bit tired when we got home. The hardest part was from the airport to Lower Sackville. I had been on that road a few times but not enough to know it from memory. 
Yesterday, I did the bookkeeping for the month of February and paid bills. Not exciting but I did it with only two small addition mistakes. I was done in record time. Since doing this, we really keep our spending under control. 

Sewing

I worked on the western shirt and I'm not as happy with the top stitching on the collar band. It is neat and even but the pale green thread shows up on the underside where I used yellow thread in the bobbin. It's probably time to get it serviced. I will get out my mom's Singer Featherweight to use while it is being serviced. 

Pattern Academy

I finished Week 1 and it has given me so much knowledge. When I look at clothing items, I see how they have changed up the slopers to get the garment the way it is. 
I have decreased the sloper for the AG doll to 90% and will add length and seam allowances to it and make a bodice for my dolls. It will be a start to see what needs to be done to get a good bodice sloper for them. I have some left over fabric from the western shirt that I can use for the mock-ups. 
I really enjoyed surplice (cross over) bodices as they are really neat to design. I love the idea of this one and will try designing it on my own. 
I love the buttons on it. High on my list of design items. 

Wardrobe Planning

I'm thinking new clothes as I loose weight. I have to get a few tops as soon as I loose another 11 lbs. It's down the road that I need to be thinking about. My main colors will be blue (denim/navy) and black. I've thought long and hard about the pants and have come to the conclusion ages ago that I will buy jeans in blue denim. I've added black jeans to the list to buy. I would like to make a pair of navy and a pair of black pants. That will be the bottoms taken care of. 
Tops are a lot harder to think about. I have lots of chambray to go with blue jeans. The patterns are bought for them. I have some colored chambray to make princess line shirts. And a piece of silk/cotton for a flowing top. I will muslin all those patterns. 
Now, it's time to think about the t-shirt pattern. I need to get Swedish tracing paper and get another pattern traced before I buy Pam's perfect t-shirt pattern. Once I get the shoulder seam and front correct, I can make the pattern smaller as I shrink. I'm hoping I have enough gray knit for 2 more t-shirt muslins. 

Knitting

I finished sleeve #1 of the doll's coat. I had to knit more rows to get the right length. I started sleeve #2 and am ready to do the cuff pattern. I'm hoping I will have enough yarn and if not, I hope the shop has more of it. I got it over a year ago. 

Today

I have a bit of housework to do and rub for the roast to make. In the sewing room, I will work on the sloper for my dolls and get the first mock up cut out. I'm looking forward to doing that. Then it's onto  facings, necklines, and 6 collars. That is part 1. Part 2 is adding fullness and Part 3 is sleeves. A very busy week coming up. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment