Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Warmer Weather is Coming

We are coming to the end of another cool spell. The days will be warmer (less than 10C) and the nights will be below 0C. As long as we see the sun, all will be good. 

Lifestyle

On Sunday, we had a great afternoon and evening as family told us about their trip to London. They showed us a video of the street they stayed on, what they did, and bought. It sounds like they had a great time. 
Yesterday we had grandson for the morning. He and I went out to make sandwiches at the hall and then we all went to the feed store. Grandson got to pet the cat named Mister and to visit with a dog. It was a fun time together. It helped him pass the morning away. 

Health

The weight is coming off slowly and I have been happy with my progress. My tops are getting big on me and my jeans are too big. I kept thinking my yoga pants fit the same as they have a lot of stretch to them. Yesterday when I pulled them up, the waistband kept going up my torso. A good sign I am loosing inches. 
Daughter-in-law made Leek and Potato soup for dinner on Sunday night. She used this website. The soup is found under 3 points. Daughter-in-law sautéed the leeks and onions in the butter before she added the flour. It brings out the flavors more. To make it a dinner meal, we had some crisp bacon and cheese on the soup and a bun. 

Sewing

I exhausted myself on the doll sloper yesterday. I put it on Anna and the front fits perfectly in width and length. The back is 1/4" to narrow but the length is perfect. After several hours I realized the armholes are not correct. They need to be trimmed out so I drew the lines on the fabric as to where they must be. The sleeves were a total disaster. They were too big to fit into the armhole and too small around the wrist. I fixed some on the sleeve but it is still too big. That is when I realized that the bodice sloper needed some adjustment in the armhole. While doing all this, I used up all the scraps of yellow broadcloth and had to dig out some blue pieces from the stash. My brain was fried and I had to stop. 

Design Academy

I got the pant slopers cut out and started on the first activity (pleats on the front sloper) and crashed. I was tired from working so hard on the bodice. I quit so I wouldn't make a drastic mistake. 

Knitting

The Coatigan got sewn together and the yarn ends woven in. 
The sleeves are 3/4 length which makes it a spring coat. I have to block it and add pewter buttons to it. 
The fit is good and I've written in what I need to do the next time -- 4 more rows of pattern onto the sleeves and bottom of the jacket. I will be making this again. 
I worked on grandson's socks and am thinking the heel is too big but he will grow into them. I have 7 rows of decreases left to do and then I can do the other sock to that stage. Then the foot of the sock. 

Today

I need to do some housework and then work on the pant sloper activities. I am leaving the bodice alone as I need to think about what to do. My brain is still mushy about what needs to be done other than print of patterns and see how they fit the sleeves to the bodices. I probably will leave it until next week when we do exercises on making slopers ourselves. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment