Wednesday, March 13, 2019

A Day of Exploring In The Sunshine

Monday's high got to 9C and the sun shone for most of the day. The low Tuesday morning was -1C which was warmer than expected. The day was sunny and we had a high of 4C. This morning is -4C and clear. We are to have a clear and sunny day. 

Lifestyle

As the weather was so glorious yesterday, the Spousal Unit and I went for 2 drives. The first was to Wolfville to see if they had the yarn I need to finish a project. Alas, they don't. We did enjoy the drive though going the back way.
In the afternoon we headed down the Windsor backroad towards Chester and then came back to the road to Falmouth. We came home through Falmouth and the town of Windsor. We had done that route when we were either visiting or almost a year ago. 

Health

I was tired last evening. I think the change of time finally got to me. I was hungry, sleepy, and out of sorts. I didn't over eat as I monitored that carefully. 
My knees and hip are not as painful as they were. In actual fact, I'm almost pain free. Is it because spring is coming, my weight loss taking lots of pressure of the joints or my thyroid has quit attacking my body? Who knows but I will take pain free. 

Sewing

It was my day off from course work so I only went into the sewing room for a few minutes. I did absolutely nothing down there. It felt good to take a day off from everything. 
On Monday, I did the unit on sleeves. My laugh came at the end of the exercises. At the beginning we did a gathering exercise which I enjoyed. 
I kept thinking gathering ratios for skirts. When we got to the last gathered sleeve, they mentioned to look at the gathering ratios for gathering sleeves. Now I have something else to think about when manipulating sleeve slopers. 

Knitting

I picked up my knitting and worked on the Coatigan for the dolls. I finished up the sleeves and love how they look. The yarn is luscious and darker in color than this picture. 
I also knit the pocket backs and cast on the coat. I knit on it until I got tired that I was afraid I would make a mistake. 
The color is better in this picture and you can see where I added the pocket linings. I'm now ready to knit up the front to adding the sleeves. I won't have enough yarn but I will order some today. 
While at the wool shop in Wolfville, I found these two 25 gram skeins of yarn. 
There was only one of each as the others sold out quickly. They are to make short sleeved sweaters with. I want to pair them with chambray skirts or pants and jacket. Or twill. Both would look great with navy or white. 

Today

I have to go back and get a few items of groceries that I had forgotten when I did some grocery shopping yesterday. I want to get my doll fabric back into ship shape as I have it in the family room and kind of spread around. I also need to start on Week 3 early as I have to hem grandson's pants next week. It will be fun to learn about skirts and pants. Tonight is weigh in and I'm hoping for a small loss. The scales have dropped so here's to hoping. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment