Monday, March 11, 2019

Sloper Round Two

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 3C. Late in the afternoon, clouds came in and we were to get snow during the night. Instead, we woke up to gusting winds, rain, and 5C. Totally unexpected. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday afternoon, the Spousal Unit and I went for a short drive. We got the neighbors a treat for clearing our driveway. They love Timbits. It was so nice to drive in the sunshine and be out of the house. 

Health

After much thought and determination, the scales were down this morning. I am eating carefully and tracking everything. If all goes well, I will meet my 2nd mini goal for March this week. My 3rd mini goal may not be met until April. I'd have to have 3 great weigh-ins to get to my last mini goal. It's a goal I really want to reach and I could get a charm for meeting another goal I hadn't thought too much about. Amazing that 2 goals met at one weight. 

Sewing

I did a second try at the sloper for the dolls. I had out several patterns to look at and then I started to draw using what I had learn in the first try. I got a sloper I do like. 
I ended up cutting out two fronts to get this look. It is too short but that was an easy fix. I had to trim some off the armholes and fix up my pattern. 
When I go to draft the sleeve, I will add seam allowances to the armhole and the neck to make sure. I won't be doing that this week. We learn how to do this in Week 4 of the class but I needed to do it now as it was tickling my brain so much I wasn't focusing on the course. 
This week, I need to clean the sewing room and work on the western shirt. It is calling to be completed. 

Pattern Academy

Yesterday I worked on bodice fullness and that was exciting. We mainly focused on pleats in the bodice as a whole and then on a curved yoke. I still have a lot to learn about pleats but I'm learning. After doing pleats last year in the Edwardian sew along, I thought I had mastered pleats. I did as long as someone else had done the magic. Now I need to learn how to do the magic. 
Collars were the next thing I worked on. I enjoyed drafting all of them. It is amazing how they come together when you least expect a collar to do that. 

Knitting

I am finding that I am tired at night and don't feel like picking up my needles. The course takes a lot of my energy leaving me brain tired. I will get back to it. 

Today

House work, then course work. I have gathers to do and sleeves to draw and alter. Maybe tonight I can knit a few rows. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment