Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Busy In The Sewing Room

Yesterday the sky cleared and it was sunny, cool, and quite windy. Today it is -6C, so cold, clear, and calm. I'm sure the wind will come up again today. It is suppose to warm up again for the weekend. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit spent a bit of time outside putting the cover back on one of the plugs on the deck. I did the laundry. Not a lot of excitement at our house. 
Elliott moved around the house to get the sun and he perched no the arm of the chair late in the afternoon soaking up the rays. 
When he slid down into the chair beside the Spousal Unit, he was very hot. He loves the sun. 

Health

I have been tracking very carefully this week and eating more of my points. Here's to hoping I have a loss. I'd like to be getting closer to having lost 10% of my body weight which is April's goal. 
I returned the shoes and will be going to look at another pair twice the price. If they fit, I will get them for my inside shoes and my reward for my 20 lb. weight loss.

Sewing

I took a picture of the progression of the sleeves and will be ready to try Take #3 next week. The progression goes from right to left. 
I'm hoping I am close. I have a feeling the sleeves are too long but shortening is the easy part. Getting the cap of the sleeve the right size has been the hardest part. 
Between hemming grandson's pair of pants, I cut out and sewed the blouse on the test pattern. I quite like it. 
I really took my time on the sleeves and they did turn out well. 

Pattern Academy

I spent a bit of time looking at the last video and I am done Pattern Academy. I still have to do the slopers for the skirt and pants but they will come with time. 
I started to watch the videos on selling patterns with Pixie Faire and I'm a bit worried that I am a novice and will be turned down for doing basic patterns. I have looked to see what is offered and what isn't and what is missing are the items I would love to draft. I will see how my skills grow before committing to that. In the meantime, I will enjoy drafting and gaining experience. 

Knitting

I worked on the test vest last night and am almost done the left front. 
I love how the armhole is done with the edge done as a part of the process. The front is also delightful. Though there are a couple of mistakes in the pattern, it is an easy knit. 
I picked up grandson's socks and finished the first heel flap and started on the 2nd sock. 
I'm almost half done this heel flap and should be done in another evening. Then it will be learning (again) how to pick up the stitches along the edge for the gusset. 

Today

The plan is to cut out the suit and start sewing the skirt and then the jacket. I will also work on grandson's 2nd pair of pants so I can do the third pair this weekend. I do have 3 days to hem them in which is nice. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment