Sunday, March 10, 2019

Making A Sloper

Yesterday was another sunny day with a high of 1C. This morning it is -15C. It is suppose to be 2C, sunny and then snow tonight. Then they are forecasting warmer weather. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we headed out to the library, had a short drive in the sunshine and then I headed downstairs into the sewing room. I emerged and cooked a roast beef dinner. It was yummy. 

Health

My weight is doing the same thing is always does; stay the same during the week. I eat the same each day so am going to have to change it up some. 
We've both been tired in the afternoons and evenings. I think it has to do with the weather and not being outside a lot. We both keep thinking of spring and warmer temperatures. 
I got a top out of the closet that I haven't worn in 2.5 years and it fits. A bit snug but it will keep me focused to get it fitting looser. It's an Old Navy fitness wear top and fitted. 

Sewing

In the morning, I worked on a sloper for the Happy Kidz dolls. I reduced the American girl sloper to 90% as suggested by a friend. I lengthened the back and front and added seam allowances to the shoulder and side seams. I sewed it together for the first fitting. 
From the front it looks good but when I looked at the side, the arm hole was too low down.
It needed to come up 1/4". I started by pulling the shoulder up 1/4" and it fit much better in the arm. 
I sewed it in place and it is too short but that is fixable. 
But there is a bit of an issue in the front. Thinking time 101. 
I also think the shoulder seam is a bit too far forward. 
Back to ripping out the seams and resewing at the original seam allowances and marking where I need to raise the side seam closer to the underarm. From there I will draw it onto a new sloper and start again. I am enjoying the learning curve this is giving me. It is the same as making a sloper for a person. 

Pattern Academy

In the afternoon, I did 4 different necklines, how to do facings and adding a placket to the front or back of the bodice. 

Knitting

The second sleeve is cast on and 4 rows done. I didn't knit last night as I kept dozing off. 

Today

More housework needs to be done this morning. I want to work on the sloper for the dolls and then do 6 collars this afternoon. A busy day for me. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment