Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Great British Sewing Bee

Friday was a lovely day until late afternoon when the rain started. Yesterday was nice and warm but not overly sunny. Today is cool and sunny. We are certainly having a variety of weather. 

Lifestyle

We have been busy watching the snow melt. It is going nicely in our yard except where we shoveled it up into a big pile and is in the shade most of the day. We will give up watching that as the next 3 days are cool with little chance of thawing in my mind. 

Health

I am thinking of how to change up what I'm doing in meals. I am going to try less for dinner and a bit more for lunch. Though the scales say I am loosing, my body may need a bit of a change to keep the weight coming off. 

Sewing


I have been quietly watching the Great British Sewing Bee (Season 5). It has been a fun watch of which I have noticed several things this time around. At the end of this latest episode I came to these conclusions. The man who is left is a good sewer with a creative mind but I find he has a bit of an attitude. I don't dislike him but it's the first time I've seen that. His sewing ranges from awesome to not so awesome. One of the ladies is quite competitive in a very quiet way. She is very focused and does well in most of the tasks. The two other women go between doing well and not quite so well. It could be a close finish in the next two weeks. I watch it on Reddit and found it by googling Reddit and the Great British Sewing Bee Season 5. 
I drew up the top for this outfit for the AG doll. It won't take long to do it for the Gotz dolls. I made it short as in this picture.
Once I have it tweaked to what I like for a good fit, I will redo it with a longer length skirt. I know between the slashes will have to be wider to fit over the hips. I am really looking forward to getting this sewn up and the fit correct. 
Here is another cute dress idea that I can work on. I love the fabric choices which may be why I am in love with the dress. 

Pattern Academy

I finished up waistbands and facing plus pockets. I need lots of practice on these but it will come with practice. Next up is the pants sloper. I will have to draw a pants sloper for the Gotz dolls. I'm hoping it won't be too hard. 

Knitting

I finished the Coatigan last night. I had about 20" of yarn left over from the first skein. The second skein will be used to make the messy bun hat and a pair of boots. What is remaining will be used to knit another outfit and I will also use a skein of the natural colored yarn. It will end up being a complete outfit. 

Today

Housework and, if time, a bit of pattern work. We head over to the family for dinner and to hear about their trip to London. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment