Thursday, September 05, 2024

The Scandinavian Winter Quilt Top Is Done

 Yesterday was warm and sunny with a high of 22C. This morning it is clear and 11C. Today is to be sunny with a high of 24C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning the appliance repair man was to come early and it was mid morning when he arrived. While I waited for him to come, I got recycling and compost ready to go to the curb for pick up this morning. I took it out later. When that job was done, I washed windows. The living and dining areas got the bottom outside part cleaned plus the inside. Tracks were wiped. I then did my bedroom window scrubbing it so all dirt and grim was removed. And finally, I cut the tops off the garlic, cleaned them, and put them into a bag for family. 

When the repair man arrived, he figured out that my fridge did not restart when we had a power fluctuation while I was gone. Instead it froze up not allowing the fan to move air around the fridge. He cleaned the fridge and I am not to plug it in until tomorrow morning. There was a lot of fluff that was removed with the vacuum cleaner and then we put towels and bathmats down on the floor to soak up the water as it defrosted. And defrost it did. I was able to remove the ice in the freezer before bed time but I woke to soaking wet towels and some water on the floor. I know which way this house slopes. LOL. 

While the repair man was here, he checked my dishwasher and all is good. He also checked the washer and cleaned a trap for me. It is in good condition. He also checked the dryer and cleaned a heat sensor for me and I cleaned the lint trap. 

We talked about appliances and he said that, other than the fridge and microwave, I have made good appliances that should last for many more years. I have to continue to do the maintenance on them as I had been doing. If I have to replace the fridge he agrees with my choice -- Bosch. I hope to replace the microwave to a Bosch next year. 

I went out to get a few groceries. Though I am grateful to have a mini fridge, I have to go out and shop more often due to how small it is. I did okay but looked at things I would have liked to buy but don't have the space for them. 

Sewing

I was able to watch the video on how to do the border on the quilt while waiting for the repair man and eating lunch. After lunch I went down and cut the border and binding fabric. I sewed the border pieces together and sub cut them to the correct sizes. All that was left was to sew them on. I was done the quilt including the pressing by 3 pm. 

Daughter, my friend, and I have agreed that it needs a snowflake design quilted on it. I will be taking it to the long arm quilter mid month so it will be ready in early October. 

Knitting

I did knit on sock #2 last night. I got 20 rounds done on it and it is going to be a great match to sock #1.

Thoughts

    I was surprised at how much water came out from the fridge. I have a load of bathmats in the dryer and once they are dry I will do a load of towels. It was froze up more than I thought it was. If this is the cause and the fridge works, I will use it with hopes this doesn't happen again. The repair man thinks this is the cause of my problems. If not, I know the fridge I want is in stock in Dartmouth and there is free delivery. Efficiency Nova Scotia will pick up the old fridge for free so all is taken care of. 

    The house got warm yesterday and I know the headache I had was from getting over heated. It started up again but I caught it quickly by drinking lots of water. I do miss having ice cold water which keeps me cooler. 

    I see the activities person at the hospital next week and I am assuming it will be my last visit for now. I have progressed enough that I can do most everything if I am careful. My muscles are not as sore which is good. I will need to start yoga and arm exercises once the outside work is done. 

Today

My main job this morning is to clean the fridge and floor area so I can plug in the fridge tomorrow. I will need to make sure the towels are laundered in case I need them. If there is time before noon, I would like to pick tomatoes and peppers. I may pull the cucumbers as they are done. After lunch I want to sew on the doll's dress and knit this evening. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment