Thursday, September 12, 2024

A Busy Day In The City

 Yesterday was a warm and sunny day with a high of 18C (I did see 21C on the car thermometer). This morning it is mainly clear and 8C. Today is suppose to be sunny with a high of 25C. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I had a busy day in the city. We started out in Halifax getting items for the hall. Once that was done, we crossed the bridge to Dartmouth. We went slower across the bridge to enjoy looking at the Bedford Basin to the left and the area where the Halifax Explosion was to the right. 

Once in Dartmouth, we went to a kitchen store to get more supplies for the hall but looked around at the items you can buy -- knives, bowls, etc. I bought squeeze bottles for daughter-in-law's Christmas stocking and a small knife for me. 

We had lunch at Denny's. It took us almost 20 minutes to find the entrance which was exactly where we should have went in the first place. We had breakfast for lunch with me getting the 55+ meal which was a perfect portion and tasty. 

After lunch it was more shopping to get more items for the hall and some for us. Our last stop of the day was Costco. We were both getting tired at this point and were happy to get a cold drink and head home. Our first stop was the hall to put away all that we had bought, then daughter-in-law's to unload her purchases and then home for me. 

On the way home, we had to take a detour. A semi had turned off Hwy 1 on to the road to get onto the freeway and my turn off and put the back end of his trailer into the ditch. By the time he finished trying to get the rig out (and failed) he had the tractor part across both lanes. That turn is not big rig friendly and this is not the first one I've seen in the ditch. We had to go into town and take the back way into where I live. It is quick and easy and daughter-in law could go back that way. She dropped my purchases off and left quickly to miss the buses from the high school. 

I put away as much as I could even though I was tired. I had to go out and water the lawn to drive the grass seed down into the slits. I really drug myself out there to do it but it got done. I also had to take garbage out to the curb for pick up this morning. Walking on cement floors is hard on my hip as there is no give. I'm not complaining as I enjoyed my day out with daughter-in-law and knew that I had these chores to do once I got home. 

My exciting purchases for the day -- a 1" angle brush for painting in tight areas, Everything Bagel seasoning, and cranberry flavoured 7-up zero. 

Sewing

I spent some time making the lines on the doll's quilt so I can quilt it today. Hopefully I can get the binding on it so I can finish it this weekend. 

I also spent some time figuring out the next quilt and need to look at the fabric I have. I am going to make this quilt. The finished quilt will measure about 48" wide by 64" long. I am going to use this fabric for the quilt. 


The binding will be made out of a matching solid colour I bought. This quilt is for the back of the couch for winter. I will get it long arm quilted. The left over fabrics will be made into a doll's quilt. 

Knitting

I unknit the sock back to where I wasn't happy, picked up a missed gusset stitch and proceeded to knit 21 rounds. 

The goal is to finish the pair by the end of the month. Then onto another pair. I do want to knit another vest for myself this winter and will knit it in late December/January. 

Thoughts

    The exhibition is this weekend and next weekend so I am planning on doing my grocery shopping in another community on Saturday where it will be quieter. I learned my lesson last year when trying to get groceries on the first Saturday. No parking where I grocery shop as people park there and walk the 2 blocks to the fair grounds. I don't go to the exhibition as it is very busy and I don't like the crowds. 

    I have been careful with my eating and will weigh myself on Monday. I want to get the extra weight off me in hopes it will help my hip. I started out by not snacking between meals and am now tightening up my portion control. I do allow myself to eat about 2 points (WW) over what they say I can have. I know I still have low glucose in the afternoons. Yesterday was one and I went out and ate some tomatoes which worked. I have apple juice on hand also.

    The number of covid cases are increasing and I will be starting to wear a mask again when shopping. I have been shopping when it is quieter and using lots of hand sanitizer. I need to start Christmas shopping and will be going out early to do that so I can avoid the crowds. 

Today

I need to sand the walls in the hall, wipe them down, and put on the second coat of paint. Once done, I need to do laundry. The lawn areas need watering again today. I hope to sew on the doll's quilt and knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:15 PM

    Just wondering what you are talking about, about making purchases "for the hall". Is this for decor items for the hall you are painting in your home?
    Thanks
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete