Monday, September 02, 2024

The Cat Quilt Is Completed

 Yesterday was cloudy and muggy. The high got to 25C with a humidex of 32C. The humidity was high all night and it is cloudy and 20C this morning (no humidex though the humidex was about 28C all night). Today will be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 21 (humidex 26C). 

Lifestyle

I got the walls painted the second coat and I am happy with them. The muscles in both legs were sore when I got done but I wasn't overly tired. I also scrubbed the floor clean and did some tidying up as I will rest for the next couple of days. 

I was out to family's for smoked ribs for dinner. They were done in their new smoker and were delicious. Fall of the bone tender and full of flavour. While daughter-in-law and son cleaned the smoker and put it back in the garage, I cleaned up the kitchen. It wasn't a hard job but one that needed to be done. 

After dinner daughter and I went into the hot tub for 30 minutes. I haven't been in a hot tub for many, many years. I floated until I got myself seated and braced. The jets felt really good on my body and it helped to relax my sore hip muscles. I will certainly be going back into the tub and trying out another corner as each corner has different sets of nozzles. I left after a short visit and got home about 8:15 pm and was in bed and asleep just after 9 pm. The hot tub really relaxed me to have a great sleep. 

Sewing

I had a long afternoon in the sewing room. My first job was to  cut the sashing for the Scandinavian Winter quilt. I bought a meter of fabric and only needed .6 meter. The rest will be used when making more gift/wine bags.

The next thing I did was to finish sewing the binding down on the cat quilt. I was happy to have it done and sat for a few minutes to admire it. 

It is folded up ready to gift. 

The last job was to start sewing the sashing onto the quilt. I got rows 1 and 2 done correctly. I have one block in the wrong place on row 3. 

It is an easy fix. The first block and sashing need to be taken off and added to the star block. It will take me 20 minutes max to fix the mistake. 

Though I did a great job of cutting precisely and sewing accurately, there are a few blocks that needed some stronger contrasts in part of the block. I was dealing with fabric shortages and I wanted to use up the fabric I was given. If I ever decide to make it again, I would use line of fabric for it and make sure I have enough of each one to make the quilt. I didn't do too bad having to buy two pieces of fabric and finding 4 pieces in the stash. 

Knitting

I knit 6 rounds on the second sock's cuff last night. Five more rounds and I will be able to knit the legs on both socks. 

Thoughts

    The humidity we had for the past day came from a storm that is off the Atlantic coast at Halifax. It was suppose to come over the province but it moved outwards as it came in. We will have a humid day today and then we could be okay until the next storm. 

    Fall is arriving early this year. We have seen and heard Canada geese flying over us for a few days now. The trees are starting to change colour. Our temperatures have been near the average with a few nights being a bit cooler than normal. We wonder if we will have an early winter this year. I am hoping we have a lovely long fall as it is my favourite season of the year.

    I have found that I am really prepared to sew from the stash this month. Having done some prep so I can sew was a huge help to keep me focused. I can work on the projects and when done, I will take a day to cut out more. I don't really want to buy fabric this month but I may have to to finish some projects. 

Today

I need to do the balance sheet, and start cleaning the upstairs as I am taking two rest days from painting. I will sew on the quilt this afternoon and knit tonight. Nothing is open today so it's a great day to stay home. 

Until the next time.....................................................

1 comment:

  1. your blog is so informative. I really impressed.Thannks for sharing.

    Online Shopping in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete