Friday, September 20, 2024

Cushion Cover Completed

 Yesterday was cloudy with some sunshine and a high of 23C (humidex 25C). This morning it is cloudy and 15C. Today is suppose to be cloudy with a chance of showers and a high of 20C. 

Lifestyle

It was osteopathy yesterday morning and I had a good treatment on both hips. I was sore last night due to the treatment but that is expected. The left hip is a bit tight and the right hip had its usual tightness in the three usual spots. 

We talked that I have been coming for a year now and how much I have improved in that time. Though my gait is not perfect, I am not longer hobbling and almost dragging my right leg like I was. It has been a long road and I will have to continue therapy once a month to keep things aligned and relaxed. 

After osteopathy, I headed into shop in Sackville. My first job was to take in two old phones and SIM cards so they could be destroyed. I found out my iPhone is old and no longer supported by Apple. I am going to have to buy a new one and will be looking at which one I want. 

My next stop was to Dollarama. It was to look at the food section of the store. Price comparison time. I bought items that were cheaper than at the grocery store. 

The rice crackers and canned chicken are cheaper for sure. I have done my homework on the. The meat marinade is cheaper as it was 75 cents each and I pay 1.25 for another brand. I bought the onion soup mix and the Ben's Delights to do price comparisons at the grocery store I buy at. The pesto tortellini was a treat. I will have it with spaghetti sauce. My goal is to find out what I like to eat cheaper in other stores. Giant Tiger will be next. 

My last stop was for lunch and then I came home. The drive home was beautiful as the leaves are turning colour. If we have not bad storms, this fall could be one of brilliant colours. 

My last job of the day was to strip all the meat off a rotisserie chicken. I had some for dinner, some is in the fridge and the rest is in the freezer to use either in a chicken pie or in soup. I tossed the bones into the compost bin as I have enough chicken broth until Christmas. I eat a lot of soup when the weather turns cool. The pesto tortellini could go in the soup also. 

Sewing

As I don't do a lot of extra chores on osteopathy day, I spent the afternoon hand sewing the remaining binding down on the cushion cover. I got it done, starched lightly and it on the cushion form. 

It is perfect with the other half of the cushion cover as a wall hanging. 

I started to get the next doll's outfit ready to cut out. I pressed the fabric and then did the bias layout. 

The pattern pieces are printed once again so I can do the facing. I am looking forward to sewing this dress when I get my next batch of projects cut out. I have 2 more doll's dresses and a quilt to cut out. 

Knitting

I knit last night with heat on my hip. I got 13 rounds done on the 2nd sock. I need to order the yarn for the toes. 

I need to order the mini skein of red for the toes. I will also order some sock yarn to make other socks. While I wait, I will wind the yarn to make daughter's work socks. They take larger sized needles. 

Thoughts

    I am so grateful that I can do so much each day now that my hip is "better". There are days that I don't want to sit and do nothing and then there are days that I do. I am not having to sit or push through chores due to the pain in my hip when I got up to do things. It is nice to be able to do things. Will it get to be 100%? No but it still has a way to go before it hits the best it will be. 

    We are to have cooler weather starting today. I am looking forward to it as the heat and humidity have been worse on me than my hip. I slept poorly last night as it was warm until this morning. It was also more humid during the night. I have the house open already this morning to cool off naturally rather than having to have the a/c on. 

    I was sadden to hear that the "Red" Bridge in Kamloops burnt to the ground yesterday morning. It was built 88 years ago and an icon in the community. A beautiful bridge to look at and a beast to drive over as it was narrow for 2 cars to meet. It was the bridge we had to use when we moved to that area so we drove over it many time as did the Spousal Unit and his family. We used it on occasion after the by-pass was built. Someone tried to burn it down 2 nights before and both fires are deemed suspicious. 

Today

I have to finish freezing the carrots and deliver them to family. Once they are done, I want to start working on the items I want to sew for the next several weeks. I will have to wind yarn today and knit tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment