Friday, September 27, 2024

Stretch, Crack, Repeat

 Yesterday was another day of sun and clouds with a high of 18C. This morning it is cloudy, damp, and 13C. Today it is suppose to rain this morning and shower this afternoon. The high is to get to 18C. 

Lifestyle

I was at it early freezing corn. I had it done and the cobs in the freezer mid morning. I then did a load of laundry which needs to be folded. 

I sat on the heating pad some during the morning as my SI joint was still sore. I got it to crack again in the late afternoon and then again this morning in bed. It is being stubborn this time and I can feel it. I will keep at it and will have to start yoga soon to help keep it in place. 

I was out in the afternoon to fertilize the vegetable boxes. There is another garlic or two coming up. Up to 7 or 8 now. I will be planting the white and elephant garlic in the next week or 2 and then covering it with burlap for the winter. 

I looked at the Spousal Unit's rose at the back of the shed. It is a good 6 feet tall and still blooming. I need to grab the pruning sheers and cut off the dead blooms. I can touch it until after we have a good frost. I will then trim it back good so it can go crazy next year. 

Sewing

I put the zipper in the dress yesterday. I cut it to 5" and it should have been 6" as it has a higher neckline. I am going to trim the neckline down on the pattern for the next time I want to make it. The dress is done and on the doll. I sprayed it with water (makes it heavier) and left it so it will stretch out before I hem it. No pictures of it yesterday. 

I cut out the doll's quilt. I thought 2 quilts but only one. 


I will be moving the darker blocks around so they go diagonally in a row in the middle. It will give it some definition. I have left over scraps to make a pillow and pillow case. 

I cut out all the binding for the two quilts and will use the left over fabric for the backing on the doll's quilt and the pillow case. By the time I am finished, there will be very few scraps left from the 4 meters of fabric I had bought last year. Hurrah to sewing it up. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks last night and am almost done the leg of the sock. 

Thoughts

    I am happy that my SI joint is settling down once again. It has certainly limited what I can do each day. I am stretching several times a day after applying heat which is helping. It is funny that I am having more problems with it than with my hip joint. 

    My hope is to start in the spare room tomorrow. I will start slow by wiping walls and patching the bad spots on the two walls I will paint first. I know that I will have issues if I do too much so am trying to build up once again to doing 2 hours at a time with rest days every couple of days. 

    I was going to give away all the items I had made for the room as I thought it wasn't what I wanted. I am just going to tone it down a bit and see if I like it more. It may be fine once the room is painted grey as I feel like the blues are clashing with the tan colour. I need to get white sheets and duvet cover for the bed. We wait and see if it looks better once the room is done. 

Today

I am heading out to New Minas with daughter-in-law this morning. I am just going for the ride as I need nothing. This afternoon I am going to do paper crafts for a break. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment