Thursday, September 26, 2024

A Busy Morning

 Yesterday was a lovely day with a mix of sun and cloud. The high got to 17C. This morning it is 13C. Today is suppose to be a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 19C. Rain is coming tonight. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door for physio early and it was "torture". My SI joint was not rotating properly hence all the pain. It was affecting the muscles also. In all it was one big painful mess. The therapist worked on it for 15 minutes and I could feel it. It was one of those no pain no gain procedures. Once done, she worked on flexibility of the SI joint which wasn't as painful. I was able to do the gym exercise without too much pain. The TENS machine and heat were greatly appreciated. 

After physio was over, my friend and I headed out to shop. We went to Coldbrook to get garlic and I bought a pair of expensive slippers I have wanted for 3 years. They will be my inside winter shoes as they are made of felt. My friend bought the slip-ons and I bought the shoes. Both have nice soles on them. I got the garlic and socks for son-in-law for Christmas. 

Next up was getting cat food for Elliott and then we stopped at the vegetable stand. Corn was on for $1.00/dozen as were carrots. I got a dozen corn and some potatoes. Total was $4.00. While we were there, the farm brought in another bin of carrots (still on 10 lbs for $1.00, a pallet of potatoes (must be going on sale) and some other vegetables. The place was busy with people buying up the wonderful vegetables. 

We then had to stop at a shop where my friend got a big spool of elastic. She use to sew for that shop and it was the last item they found so they gave it to her. Then it was on to the quilt shop. 

I took the quilt in and laid it out knowing that the backing was going to be navy. Which width was the question of the year. It was the 60" wide. The long arm quilter came out and she loved the quilt. Measurements were taken, backing cut, and batting chosen. The quilting will be snowflakes which everyone agrees on. The thread colour is a greyed blue so it has a bit of a pop. 

Once done, we headed home. I had corn for lunch and then crashed for an hour on the couch. My pain was almost gone and I was exhausted. I haven't slept that good due to the pain and always notice that once I am pain free I need to have one good nap. This past week, it has been 2 good naps. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday and got the bias cut dress done to the back seam. It isn't perfect but I reminded myself it is a learning project. 

At this point, I didn't see the dress hugging the doll's body at all. It looks like a sack. I will finish the dress and add a belt of some sort to it. I am sure it will still look like a sack when done. I am certain it is the pattern I chose as it was boxy to begin with. I will try again with a top pattern I am going to get with my September coupon. 

I need to look at the video on how to finish the back. I will get it done and start on the next dress. 

I looked at the scraps of quilt fabric and have lots to make one quilt and possibly 2. I need to cut the binding for the quilt so I can start cutting out the doll's quilt(s).

Knitting

I did knit on the socks some last night. I  love how they are looking as I knit more on the leg. 

The yarn is so soft to knit it almost feels like soft bamboo but it is merino wool. I will be getting another kit for to knit later on. 

Thoughts

    We are not sure what caused the flare up but it came at the right time as I had physio shortly after it happened. I am grateful that the therapist is really good and could get it working properly in one session. I see her in 4 weeks for a tune up. 

    I was stunned when the long arm quilter called me an advanced quilter. I don't see myself as that. Many of my projects are simple compared to what others make. I was told it wasn't the complexity or simplicity of the pattern but how I prep the fabric, cut, sew, and press that makes me an advanced quilter. Though it will be a while before it goes on the long arm frame, the lady is excited to start work on it. 

    I am getting into the mood to buy Christmas presents. I need to as I have to ship across Canada in late October to mid November. I have a few places I need to go to; Ikea being one. 

Today

I am going to freeze corn this morning and then clean up the kitchen. I will need to do a load of laundry. This afternoon I will finish the bias cut dress and see if I can cut the binding for the next quilt. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment