Saturday, May 14, 2022

Part Of Our Lives

 We have had some lovely warm (almost hot) weather. On Thursday we set a record for the day with a high of 26.9C. Yesterday was cooler with a high of 25.6C which broke another record. This morning it is 16C and we are to have a high of 25C which could set another record high for this date. 

Lifestyle

We have had our ups and downs the last couple of days. Part of our lives. 

Yesterday, the Spousal Unit had a reasonably good day. He had the respite worker in so I could shop, then we went to watch the private school march from the school to the Anglican Church as part of their year end traditions. 

Grandson was in the parade but we didn't see him. He is hoping to become a part of the cadet's brass band next year. 

All the students take part in cadets and they have a huge group. They actually are 3 deep and a block long. Last night, they had final inspection which was to last for 3 hours. 

Daughter-in-law was over to mow the lawn and did an awesome job. The Spousal Unit's job was to take her water. 

After dinner was a gong show. The Spousal Unit hid his tobacco in the garage and it took me 45 minutes to find it. It was tucked away in a cupboard. Then, he hid his pipe and 15 minutes later I found it hidden in a work glove in a drawer. I was a wreck by the time I found them. I had him sit beside me and we watched an episode of My Big Family Farm. He relaxed and calmed down and slept the best he has in a couple of weeks. I am also rested. He had no pain in his shingles area. I'm wondering if the pain is caused by stress.

My 2 hours of respite was a race to get shopping done. I still have to shop on Monday but hope it will be a short shop. I had wanted a bit of time in the quilt shop but that did not happen and won't happen until next Friday. 

Sewing

None done as I was too busy. The care person did look at my dolls as the Spousal Unit loves to show them off. 

Knitting

None done as I was too exhausted to think about lifting up my knitting at 8 p.m. when life got calmer. 

Today

We are out to watch grandson play soccer at noon. I have to make us lunch. We need to get Elliott cat food on the way home. We will watch another episode of the show tonight in hopes we can both get another good night's sleep. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment