Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Christmas In May

Yesterday started out wet and grey and ended up sunny and warm. The high got to 20.4C. This morning it is wet, grey and 15C. It is suppose to be wet until early afternoon with a high of 19C.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I folded all the laundry, tidied up, and had a bit of a rest. The Spousal Unit was in and out as the weather improved. 

In the afternoon, we had the care lady here. The Spousal Unit was outside when she arrived and had disappeared when she went to talk to him. I called him and he came out of the shed. The second time he disappeared, he was at the end of the driveway talking to the neighbor about his wife horseback riding. I joined in and we talked about a variety of sports. 

I got a few more groceries and the Spousal Unit's prescription while care was here. I came home and sewed. 

We went out to get the mail yesterday and when we arrived home with it, the Spousal Unit reminded me that we needed to get gas. Gas prices are suppose to change by 10 cents. I'll be happy if the price goes up but not quite so happy if it goes down. It didn't leak out which way it was going so we played the guessing game. 

We had a quiet evening but the night was rough. The Spousal Unit had pain and I knew he was stressing about something. I got him the cold bag and he slept until it fell off. Repeat during the night. Hence, we are both tired today. It will be a quiet day. 

Sewing

I worked on the skirt of the Edwardian frock. I hemmed it and did the top stitching. I started the pleats and the top pleats are going in well but when I do the pleats at the bottom of the skirt, they are skewing towards the center back. I will have to take them all out and start again. I have a plan in place on how to do them and will see if it works. 

There was a parcel in the mail for me from the US. A virtual friend was sending me a pattern that she picked up for $1.99. I was expecting an envelope but got a box. Inside the box was more than I had expected. It was Christmas in May. 😁

The top layer was fabric and notions. How I wish we could get notions like these. 

Ideas are running through my head for the fabric. The trim will be perfect on an outfit later on. 

The pattern is wonderful and I was squealing with delight when I saw it.

Below it was two more patterns. The next pattern had me squealing more. It was a pattern I wanted also.

The third pattern is just down right cute and I will be making outfits for the little girl (whom the Spousal Unit said is our adopted grand daughter) I sew for. 

Knitting

I didn't knit again last night. I need to figure out a time when I can knit as I am missing it. 

Today

 It is going to be rest day. I had hoped to do more but I know I can't do too much. I will try to sew on the frock skirt this morning. This afternoon we will try to nap and take it easy. All plans are out the window for today.

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment