Monday, May 09, 2022

A Lovely Mother's Day

 Yesterday was another sunny day with a high of nearly 13C. This morning it was -2C and frost. The sun is shining and we could see 17C. Spring may just about here. 

Lifestyle

We had a somewhat nice day. I did loose the Spousal Unit and finally found him. He had been in the basement looking at the pictures on the ledge. He spent time outside looking for the weed whacker (once again) and dug up some weeds. 

I've spent some time pondering about our situation. I feel I was grieving the loss of the person I married. I was also missing visiting with friends as we've lived in isolation so long due to the pandemic and the Spousal Unit's paranoia. 

I've also realized that the Spousal Unit does have delusions but they aren't as often as I thought. He spends a lot of time trying to keep track of things to keep us safe. He wants to be busy outside but can't quite get it together. I am making plans on how we can do some tomorrow. 

We had Mother's Day dinner at family's last night. Pulled pork, coleslaw, and roasted baby potatoes. It was delicious. I got a lovely pot of flowers for the front porch from grandson and son and daughter-in-law gave me tickets to the new Downton Abbey movie and lunch or dinner. Daughter-in-law and I will be having a lovely afternoon out. 

Sewing

I got the pieces ripped apart and the lace removed on the 1914 Frock. They are sewn back together and top stitched with the perfect blue embroidery thread. I also marked the pleats on the skirt, serged the hem and center back seams. 

I swept the floor in the sewing room and there was a lot of fabric lint/fluff and thread. It is good to have that little job done. I will look at the pressing area next as it needs some cleaning done due to starching fabric.

Knitting

None done yesterday as we were out and I was tired when we got home. 

Today

I have started a list of what I need to do daily. This morning I need to clean the bathroom, call about the hedge and put on a load of laundry. This afternoon, I will shop while Continuing Care is here. I am doing some shopping during that 2 hours. If time, I may sew a bit and I would like to knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment