Sunday, May 22, 2022

1914 Frock Completed

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 21.5C. This morning it is cloudy and 12C. It is suppose to be 23C today. 

Lifestyle

We had another great day yesterday. The Spousal Unit was out tinkering in one of the vegetable boxes and put away the hoses neatly. After a good rest, we went out and planted carrot seeds. 

While he was outside, I tidied up some and washed the floors. Not perfect but they are done. Two loads of laundry was done also but not folded. 

The afternoon was quiet and the Spousal Unit was in and out and I monitored him. He watered the garlic and beet/carrot boxes last night. He was worried we hadn't done enough planting but we will be finished seeds on Monday and then we will be buying tomato, leek and pepper plants. We are actually on time. 

Sewing

I got the 1914 Frock done. I am happy it's done as it was one dress that talked to me all the way through sewing it. I had no firm picture of what is was to look like when done but I'm happy with it. I had no time to do proper pictures.

Though very monochromatic, the top stitching defines the lines of the collar, upper bodice pieces, sleeve cuff, and peplum. The flowers add some interest to the dress.

The cuffs are really nice and the top stitching and flower add to the interest.

The back peplum is cute and I did the 5 buttonholes that were called for. 


I took the last 2 flowers and stitched them onto a barrett. It finishes the outfit. 

I have cut out 2 potholders and 2 gift pouches. I have a third pot holder to cut out and the cat fabric will be finished. I need to fold fabric and do a bit of a tidy up before I start the next projects. 

Today

It is going to be an iffy day. The Spousal Unit was up to the bathroom every hour all night. We are both tired. He is sore all over. The goal is to fold laundry, plant beans, have a good rest and sew if I can. If I'm not too tired, we will go for a drive later on. I have a feeling the Spousal Unit feels this way as he was worrying about not having enough of the garden planted. Until he relaxes, he will be sore and be angry with everything in life. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment