Monday, May 16, 2022

1914 Frock Bodice Completed

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we broke records for high temperature. Saturday's 21.8C was .6C over the record. Yesterday was a cooler day with a high of 16.3C and no where close to the record high. We had some rain, clouds, and very little sunshine. This morning, it is 9C, cloudy, and damp. We are not to have rain the high is to be 21C. 

Lifestyle

On Saturday we went to watch grandson play soccer against the best team in the league. They played a really good game and lost 4-3. We cheered, we clapped, and we had fun. Son drove us home a back way and we enjoyed the drive. 

Once home, we had a rest and the Spousal Unit woke from his nap in one of his stress/panic/anxiety sessions. He was out the door to water everything in site. The only problem, he couldn't hook up the hose or the spray nozzle. He was so wound up that I had to get son to come over and help me calm him down. He did calm down but we had a rough night as he wasn't fully relaxed. He was agitated when he woke up yesterday morning and until he finally sat down and napped around 2 p.m. He had finally come out of it 22 hours after it started. There were no delusions this time which was good.

When done, I was exhausted both mentally and emotionally. I realize that there is no real break from looking after the Spousal Unit. There is little time for myself which is necessary to keep going. Respite is good but I've spent most of my time either grocery shopping. When it's calm in the house, I rest or sew but I have to make sure the Spousal Unit is safe. Family has been great which does help us both a lot. Without them, I'm sure I'd be at a complete loss some days. 

On a plus note -- I got 3 loads of laundry done (not folded) and the upstairs floors washed yesterday, and the fridge cleaned on Saturday.  

Sewing

I did get down to the sewing room to sew. It was an up and down time to check on the Spousal Unit. 

The bodice of the 1914 Frock is completed and I'm happy with it. 

The flower on the little over skirt is only pinned down and I will see if it stays or not. 

I do love the flowers on the cuff though. I will tack the collar down in the front and back when I sew the flowers down. 

Knitting

I looked at my knitting yesterday but did nothing. I was just too tired to concentrate on it. 

Today

I need to fold laundry this morning. I should work on the budget and pay bills. This afternoon we have respite so I'm going grocery shopping and then home to sew by myself. Maybe tonight I will knit if I'm not too tired. Hopefully we will watch a video tonight to relax by while I knit.

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment