Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Progress On The Doll's Dress

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. The high got to 17C (though the car's thermometer said 19C). This morning it was 0C and frosty. It is suppose to be another warm and sunny day.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I did a few things in the house and a load of laundry. The Spousal Unit spent some time looking for the "parts for the weed whacker". He also put fertilizer in the garden boxes. I also called to get a quote for having the hedge cleaned up.

In the afternoon, Home Care arrived and we got the perfect person. Elliott does not need to be locked up which made all of us happy. She spent her time talking to the Spousal Unit, looking at items, and walking in the yard. 

I went grocery shopping and am set up for the next week. It was great to be out without worrying. I stopped and talked to our neighbor on the side of the road. It was delightful. 

We found out yesterday the lady we talked to twice a day while she walked her dog passed in December from her cancer. She was such a nice person and we will miss her. 

Last night was not so great as the Spousal Unit woke up yelling he was hot. I got an ice pack and settled him down. He woke again yelling he was wet from the ice pack. As a result I'm tired this morning but need to slug on. At least I have a list so I won't forget anything. 

Sewing

I did get some time in the sewing room before lunch. I worked on the dress and got the collar on. I did go through one tub of zippers, rick rack, etc and found these lovely little flowers. 

I got the flowers glued on ready to hand sew down. I have to try and move one flower. Heat from the iron may do it. 

After fooling around and realizing this won't be a school dress but more of a party/church dress, I laid more flowers on to see if I like it.

I'm getting quite fond of it looking like this. Without the flowers it would be a very bland dress but now it has some life to it. I won't sew the extra ones until I finish the dress.

Knitting

None done yesterday as the Spousal Unit had an evening sitting close to me so he could relax and then I had to stop him from going out to work in the yard. He goes from one extreme to the next which I'm getting use to.

Today

I have to prep dinner, get ready for the cleaners, and try to mow the lawn this afternoon. We also get a quote for the hedge. Writing down what I need to do certainly helps keep me on track especially when I'm tired. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment