Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Into The Ditch We Go

 Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day. The sun shone, the wind was light, and the high got to 13.5C. Way warmer than expected. This morning, it is clear and -1C. We are to have a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, the Spousal Unit decided that the ditch should be cleaned out. I got a garbage bag out for him and, at the last minute, decided to help him. I got to slop in the wet ditch to get the garbage out. First part was good. When we moved to the next part, the bank was steeper and the Spousal Unit lost his balance, went down on his knees and then his butt in the ditch. Got him up and a neighbor helped him out of the ditch. Only his pride was hurt. I made him stay on the flat lawn while I finished up the ditch. When over and done with, I did laugh. 

Once inside, I cleaned up the dining area and small hallway. Dusted, swept, and mopped. It is nice to have that done. I turned off the heat and opened windows to air out the house. The house smells fresh. 

The Spousal Unit became agitated with me and wanted to start an argument. He pouted and I finally took him for a drive. We took the back way to Wolfville looking for daffodils, tulips (yes saw them) and blooming magnolia trees. There were lots of them in Wolfville. If the weather continues, the magnolias will be in full bloom by this weekend if not sooner. 

We stopped in to visit with son for a bit and came home. The Spousal Unit was tired and had a short nap after dinner. He woke up delusional and was on and on about the garden. He also started to go about tidying up things which means he moved items around here and there. When I got him into bed, I rubbed his head, talked quietly to him and he rolled over and slept. He was only up once during the night. I slept fairly well also though I woke up surprised that he hadn't moved at all. 

I have not heard from Continuing Care if they are coming this Friday. Nor have I heard from the cleaners. I know it will take time as both are short staffed. I will figure things out on a daily basis doing what I can.

Sewing

I got the 1914 Frock cut out. I have to do the collar and cuffs in white broadcloth so there is some contrast. There are small scraps of fabric left, all of which are in the trash bin. 

I found the fabric to make a pattern a kind friend picked up for me. 

The fabric is a lovely soft paisley that I will make the pink dress with no overlay. I will make the jacket also as there is plenty of fabric. 

I still have other sewing to do before I can start sewing Regency dresses. But I will dream while I sew. 

Next month I hope to buy this doll umbrella and this machine embroidered parasol and the embroidery file.  

Knitting

Nothing last night due to the Spousal Unit being delusional. 

Today

I am going to start cleaning up the living area this morning. We are to the doctor's at 1:30 pm. I'm not sure of the plan after that. Sew piping if I have time. Knit a bit if all goes well. Enjoy the sunshine. It is a wait and see afternoon. 

Until the next time.....................................................

1 comment:

  1. Reading your word "mopped" reminded me of a cleaning record in an airport restroom I read many years ago. The faithful cleaner had noted, again and again, at different times, "moped", "moped", "moped". It amuses me to think of her coming into the room and moping.

    ReplyDelete