Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Another Bad Spell

 Yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag. We had a good rain shower in the morning and then sunshine. The high got to 16.2C. This morning it is sunny and was 3.9C. It is suppose to be 19C. There is frost advisory for tonight. 

Lifestyle

It was a crazy day yesterday. The Spousal Unit has been building up to have a spell. He has worried about the lawn and why no one has been over to mow it. We have talked about the fact the family was at grandson's soccer tournament this weekend. I thought a drive with daugther-in-law might help him. It didn't.

When he got home from his drive, he was suppose to nap. Instead he read. When he put down his book, he noticed the neighbor mowing his lawn. He got worked up that our lawn was to be mowed and started to go out to get the lawn mower out. I tried to talk him down. He was out the door to the shed. He got the garage door opened (it is manual) on the shed, the lawn mower out, started and mowed. He wanted the phone to talk to daughter-in-law and was yelling at her and me (more me). She raced over to help me out. We guided him while he mowed and he got half of the side lawn done before son was able to convince him to let him do the rest. The Spousal Unit was exhausted but had to supervise daughter-in-law while she weed whacked. We finally got him to sit down and rest. 

I was a bit of a wreck as he was very nasty verbally to me. I burnt the spaghetti sauce. It wasn't a write off but I never burn the spaghetti sauce. We ate dinner, left to talk to grandson and came home with him relaxed. He slept for the first 3 hours and then tossed and turned and was up to the bathroom every hour. This morning he is tired and cranky. I'm tired and trying not to be cranky. I am hoping he will have a nap this afternoon though it is to be a busy day as is tomorrow. 

We have the option of ordering our groceries online and picking them up. There is a cost involved from what I gather. For me, I like to see what I am buying and use the time to have a break from the house. The only one I get at the moment. And I really need it. 

Sewing

I did get some sewing done yesterday. Two potholders are done and 2 more almost done. 

I have promised myself that I will try to sew a bit most days. I've given up a lot to take care of the Spousal Unit and need to sew for my mental health. 

Today

I have to grocery shop, prep the house for the cleaners, take DH for a drive while they are here, get him showered and try to take a nap. I would like to sew if it is at all possible. It is going to be a tough day.

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment