Friday, May 06, 2022

A Beautiful Bouquet

 Yesterday started out grey and ended up sunny with a high of 14.4C. This morning it was 2C and frost. It is suppose to be sunny and 12C. Let's hope we see 14C or warmer today.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit had a bad day starting Wednesday. He was delusional and angry when I started putting out the garbage for Thursday pickup. I talked to him quietly for 90 minutes and he got worse. Family talked to him for another 90 minutes and got him calmed down enough to go to bed. He slept but woke up with some anger. Two naps and he was much better. He did get anxious when daughter-in-law was late coming to visit last night. 

The Spousal Unit slept well last night but woke with burning in the shingles area. I have given him Tylenol to see if it will help. If not, off to the emergency we go for something stronger. He has promptly fallen asleep as I write.

I hit the brick wall of exhaustion yesterday. I did what I could and rested a lot. When I finally got to sleep the doorbell rang and flowers from daughter were delivered. 

The little flower shop in town does such lovely arrangements. 

 I did sweep a bit in the garage yesterday but I need to have the car outside so I can move stuff around. The garage needs a less is more cleaning up. It will be a slow process for sure. 

Sewing

I got piping sewn for daughter. A full 3 meters of it. 

She uses the piping I make on the western shirts she sews for sale. Yokes and button bands. Custom made piping is loved by the buyers. I usually make enough for 1 shirt though I will make it again at a later date if I have enough fabric.

I watched episode 2 of the Great British Sewing Bee yesterday morning. I totally agreed with the garment of the week. 

I did sew for 15 minutes yesterday afternoon. I got the lace on one of the upper front pieces. It took a bit of time to figure out how to do it. I can now do the other front and the outer skirt pieces easily. 

Knitting

Nothing for the past two days. 

Today

I want to do a bit of housework this morning. Vacuum, fold laundry, and wipe the bathroom. This afternoon I need to get a few groceries and then tackle some of my stuff in the garage while I am alone. If I am lucky I may get the other 2nd upper front piece and do a bit of knitting tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment