Friday, May 27, 2022

Fabric Pouches Made

 The past two days have been warm with temperatures around 20C or a bit warmer. We had a touch of frost yesterday morning. This morning it is 12C and it has rained. It is suppose to get to 21C today.

Lifestyle

Life has been busy here. The Spousal Unit has swung between anxiety and anger to calm and relaxed. The last episode of anxiety was getting the plants which we did yesterday. Only one nursery had what we wanted. The others are waiting for their orders to come in. We are early. He settled down on the ride and enjoyed looking for the plants. Once asked to rest after lunch, he did but got up angry as he "had things to do". He was tired last night and slept well so I'm hoping he will be fine.

The beet seeds are coming up. You can see the little red plants showing their first two leaves. The bean seeds have swollen and are coming out of the ground so I pushed them back in. We still need to plant the pea seeds. The carrots will be a while before they germinate. The plants will stay in the garage for a while as we have a few cooler nights coming. The tomato plants are quite young so need to have a chance to grow and harden off slowly.

We see the lawyer this morning to try and hope to get a power of attorney document done. He knows what it is but we've been trying to do other documents at the same time. Today it is only the 1 document. It is his limit. 

We do not have respite for another 3-5 weeks as we want to keep the lady we've had. They can't send a temporary person from another agency in the meantime and this agency doesn't have a person in our area who can come. 

I have been tired hence the after lunch naps. I do get 20-30 minutes of sleep. I am not only physically tired doing all the work and checking on the Spousal Unit, I'm mentally tired from his moods and not getting some things done. I miss my time alone where I can escape from the world and sew. Last night I realized I needed a week's break. Like that will happen. But it was a nice thought. 

Sewing

I got the fabric pouches made. I am not totally impressed with them as they are too small for most gifts. I haven't tried a gift card in them but I will add a few small items to them and shove them into stockings. 

The instructions say to use 20" of ribbon. I'd say 24" and cut back if you want to. I didn't have enough of the green ribbon for the 2nd pouch hence why it has white ribbon. 

I would also advise not to use a larger directional print unless you have lots to fussy cut. I was using up what was left and have not cat in the middle of the bottom. Another disappointment but that was me not the pattern. 

Next up is to make more piping for daughter and then onto cozies for 900 ml glass containers that can be used for lunches. I hope to get the containers on Sunday. 

Knitting

The evenings are a write off. We have been watching a series on the iPad and I've not knit as we talk about what is happening.  

Today

We are out this morning to try and get the power of attorney done and then home to relax. If not too wet, we will plant the pea seeds. We do need to have a rest and we will see what else happens. As it is a cloudy grey day, I'm sure there will be mood issues.

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment