Monday, May 23, 2022

Sewing Potholders

 Yesterday was a warm one with quite a bit of sunshine. The high got to 28C with a humidex of 34C. That broke another record. This morning it is 13C and cloudy. It is suppose to be cooler today with a high of 17C. Tonight is suppose to be cool with a risk of frost.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was very different. The Spousal Unit started the morning out with poor balance and fell once. He rested on the couch, ate breakfast and I finally got him to rest on the bed. He slept until almost 1 pm when I fed him lunch. His balance was much better but he was still tired.

After lunch, we planted the bean seeds and I started a sprinkler on the boxes. He didn't like it so I got him to shut it off. We went for a drive and he slept again in the afternoon. He was sore all over which told me he was worrying. When he woke up, he was much better mentally and had no balance issues. We sat, talked, watched an episode of "My Big Family Farm" and we both slept well last night. 

On our drive, we noticed family wasn't home so we expect grandson's team had won 2 games and had to play a third one. That was a good guessing conversation for us while we drove. We also noticed that the lilacs are coming into bloom.

I got the laundry folded and most of it put away. I did some cleaning and had 2 naps. One good nap in the morning and a short one in the afternoon. Worrying certainly makes me mentally exhausted. I am fighting a vicious cycle of trying to make no respite work. Getting groceries is the hardest as I depend on someone watching the Spousal Unit while I'm doing it.

Sewing

I did get down to sew in the morning while the Spousal Unit slept. I was up and down the stairs a lot but I did sew.

I worked on the potholders and started a tutorial on how to make them. I got 2 almost made and there is enough cat fabric to make 2 more. That gives daughter and I a total of 5 potholders each from the cat fabric.

These are the fronts prior to me getting them sandwiched and ready to sew together. 

My goal for the next couple of days is to sew up the cat fabric so I can start the next projects on the list. I am slowly getting through the list as best I can. 

Today

I need to do laundry, make spaghetti sauce, plant peas, tidy up for the cleaners who are to come tomorrow and sew on the potholders. 

Until the next time.........................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:12 PM

    Is it possible thru your grocery store to place an online order, either for pickup or delivery? It has become very common in the US for stores to offer that, often for free if pickup, and may help your stress level. I apologize if this isn’t an option where you live..,and thanks for shatter hard stuff. I don’t know what’s headed my way but I am collecting how other people deal with balancing.

    ReplyDelete