Sunday, May 08, 2022

Feeling Better

 We've had frost the last few morning. Yesterday morning it was -2.1C and this morning -3C. An abundance of sunshine and yesterday's high was 12C. Today is suppose to be the same. 

Lifestyle

Friday I got cream for the Spousal Unit's burning sensation in the area he had shingles. While it takes care of that area, he has a pain show up somewhere else. I'm thinking sympathy pain as it does go away when we do something like go for a drive. 

With the sunshine, the Spousal Unit wants to be outside working. He continually looks for the weed whacker. He is also looking at the fertilizer. He doesn't do anything as he has no energy. The delusions and the pain are leaving him exhausted. The medication leaves him dopey. When the time comes, I will help him do it as the lawn needs mowing. We will have to share that job.

On Friday afternoon, I had time for myself. I was so tired that I got groceries, rested, and visited with our neighbor. It was wonderful to be on my own for 5 hours with no worries. I did feel better and have slept okay for the past 2 nights. I am grateful for family who gives me breaks to rest and recharge.

I looked at the garage and quit before I started. I will work on it for a bit daily this week. I keep saying baby steps. My stuff first and then his. I need to do the shed when I am alone for several hours. I am getting a plan in place for both areas. Slow but sure.

We went for a drive and saw this wonderful yard light. 

It is an old chandelier that has solar lights in where the bulbs go and is hung on a Shepard's hook. Daughter said it probably falls over on a regular basis as hers did. She finally hung her chandelier from the house.

Sewing

I spent some time sewing on the lace trim and now I need to rip the pieces apart and take it off. Though a nice lace, it won't cooperate on curves or points for me. I have decided to top stitch using an embroidery thread for a bit of shine. 

One of the reasons the lace may not be cooperating is that I'm up and down checking on the Spousal Unit. While sewing yesterday, he woke up and snuck outside. So quiet that I didn't hear the door open or close when he went out but heard him come in.

I bought 2 patterns for the dolls yesterday. One is a 1930s/40s bibbed overall and blouse and the other one is a modern romper. 

I also ordered a thread director 2 for my Mother's Day gift. I want it so I can sew 2 threads at one time for a heavier top stitching and to use some of my wonderful sparkly embroidery thread.

Knitting

I actually knit on the socks yesterday while the Spousal Unit was resting. The first sock  has the gusset done. When I started the 2nd sock, I noticed the heel was wonky. Took it apart as the number of stitches was wrong. Fixed it, picked up the stitches for the gusset and got 2 rounds knit. It was nice to be knitting again. 

Today

I have a couple of things to do upstairs, pick apart the sewing I did and redo it along with the top stitching, and knit a few rounds while the Spousal Unit sleeps. We may go for a drive if necessary. We are out for dinner tonight at family's.

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment