Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Working On Test Patterns

 The weather has been cold since I last wrote. Sunday was a bit warmer with a high of -1.9 but yesterday was -18C at the coldest and -7.3C at the warmest. The sun did shine all day. This morning it is -19C and it is suppose to warm up to 3C and begin to rain tonight. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

It is 107 years since the Annapolis River has been frozen hard enough to permit crossing with teams to the opposite shore as is the case now. Traffic is being carried on, on foot and on runners. Feb 1 1888.

Lifestyle

We are exhausted from the cold and snow and wish it would go away. But we are under another weather warning for Friday and Saturday. The forecast is freezing rain and/or snow. One never feels like they will get warm again. 

I was into Bedford to shop yesterday. The first time I've been that way since mid November. I was worried but the stores weren't busy (the two I went into). I got items we really needed and came home. Was home before 11:30 a.m. 

There were 274 cases and 1 death reported yesterday. There are 95 people in the hospital with 13 in intensive care. It seems as if we may have plateaued which would be wonderful. 

Sewing

I worked on the bodice of the outfit and have it ready to sew on the buttons. I am quite pleased with it. 

The buttons will be simple white ones. (The Spousal Unit is resting in the background). 

The back is cute and will be arched over the bustle on the skirt. 

I did sew the three buttons on the back of it so I could see the effect. Next up is the skirt which is 4 pieces. I'm hoping it will sew up reasonably quickly. 

Knitting

I was delighted with my progress only to find out I had missed a buttonhole. I unknit about 20 rows and am knitting it up again. I still hope to have it done by the weekend. 

Today

I have to take grandson to school and then do the grocery shopping and get Elliott his food. After that I am going to rest and cut out the skirt. I want to knit tonight and get caught up on the sweater.

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment