Monday, February 14, 2022

Under A Snow Warning

 Yesterday was a dull grey day. The high of 4.5C was after midnight as the temperature dropped all day. It was -8C this morning and there is about 3" of fluffy snow on the ground. It has been snowing since late yesterday afternoon. We are to have snow most of the day as we are under a snow warning.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The ladies of Coldbrook will hold and Oyster and Bean Supper and Apron Sale in the new Hall on St Valentine's night. The Kentville Brass Band will be in attendance. Speeches by prominent men. Admission, including supper, 25 cents. Feb 14 1908.

Lifestyle

I got the dining area cleaned yesterday and the items I had put away at Christmas back out on the server and half circle table. The floors were grubby but now it all looks clean and tidy. 

The Spousal Unit was in and out a bit yesterday but didn't have much to do. It was a boring day for him. Today is the opposite. He will be busy shoveling snow. 

There were 243 new lab-confirmed cases reported yesterday. There were 76 in the hospital with the virus with 13 in ICU. The question of the day is "Are we coming down on the other side of the Omicron wave?" I sure hope so. 

Sewing

First thing I did was try the petticoat on over the bustle. I put it on over the doll's head and it fits beautifully. 

This is how a bustle was originally worn according to a lady who makes and wears these clothing. 

I started on the Liberty Society dress. The under bodice is done in a cream broadcloth and I'm pleased with how it looks. 

I have started the over bodice and the fabric I chose is creams with tiny red roses on it. There will be no lace on the dress as I don't have enough in the correct width. 

Knitting

The socks are coming along nicely. I finished the gusset and have 15 rows done on the foot part. Hopefully it will be done by Thursday. No pictures as it's hard to get a good picture without it looking like a whale with its mouth open.

Today

The goal today is to fold laundry and start cleaning the living room. I would like to finish the bodice of the doll's dress and knit more on the socks. The Spousal Unit is shoveling the driveway with our lovely neighbor. We are so blessed to have them. Tonight we will have stew as it didn't cook fully yesterday. I'm sure the driveway will need to be shoveled again today. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment