Tuesday, February 15, 2022

And It Snowed and Blowed

 Yesterday was a very snowy day. Storm #5 in 6 weeks. We are guessing there was over 8" fell and it drifted due to the wind blowing. The high got to -7.2C. This morning it is -14C with a windchill of -20. It is suppose to get to -10C with a windchill of -22C. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

There has been very good skating on our bay the past few days and young and old went in for the sport. A half holiday was given the pupils today to take advantage of the good skating. St. Peters Feb 15 1897.

Lifestyle

The driveway was shoveled around 3 times yesterday. The deck was done once. You'd never know it was done. The wind blew snow around and we have some drifting. Not as bad as others but enough to be annoying. 

The road has been plowed several times also. This is the loader they send out to do our area. We call it the big guns as we've never seen such a set up like this one.

He not only did the road but pushed the snow back to widen it. The snow banks are now as high as after storm #3. 

I got the living room cleaned yesterday but didn't wash the floor. I am happy to have that area cleaned and ready to do the floors today. I also swept the other floors to keep them cleaner. 

Yesterday there were 158 lab confirmed cases of the virus reported. There were also 7 deaths which is the largest number in one day. There are 68 people in covid units. There are 3 people in our local hospital with the virus. 

Sewing

I had a fairly good time in the sewing room. I got the over bodice pieces cut out and sewn together. The under bodice was added and I did a 1/8" line of stitching around the arm holes and the bottom to hold the two parts together. 

I am adding no lace to this dress as I don't have 6 yards of cream lace in the stash. I normally don't sew with cream colored fabric. I bought this fabric 5 years ago as it was lovely. I got it before we had to put it away for a sale a few months later. It is perfect for this dress. 

So far, the only adjustment I would make on this pattern would be to do most of the neckline gathering towards the center front and less towards the shoulder area. 

Knitting

The blue socks are done and they are heavy. Daughter says they are good to -40C. 

Elliott did a good job of displaying them for me. 

I cast on the purple ones and got half the ribbing done on the first sock. 

The color is lighter than shown. I have one ball of blue and one of the purple left so I will make mirror socks out of it. What is sad - I can't get this yarn any more. 

Today

More housework is in the books along with sewing and knitting. With the cold weather, we won't be outside much today. There is left over stew for dinner which is comfort food in our house. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment