Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Historical Bloomers Sewn

 Yesterday started out cold and it warmed up all day so that by midnight it was -1C. This morning it was 0C and we've had freezing rain and now rain. It is suppose to rain all day. The high is to get to 6C.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Lazare Bourgeois, Leonie Muise, Henry Roach, and Philip LeBlanc have been appointed Hog and Goose Reeves for the district of Cheticamp. Feb 8 1895.

(Upon looking this up, these men were charged with the prevention or appraising of damages by stray swine (Wikpedia) so I am assuming geese were an issue also.)

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a day that I had to remain cool, calm and collect. The Spousal Unit has been dealing with terrible depression and he snapped out of it last night. We had a good talk about what happened and he is aware that he had this happening. 

I cleaned up the stairs and front entrance yesterday and it was dirty from wet boots. It took a good hour to scrub it clean and it looks much better now. I also did some cleaning in the kitchen which still needs more attention over a period of time. 

There are 91 people in the hospital with 12 in ICU. There were 313 new cases (probably more than that) and 3 deaths. We talked about trying to do a few more things during the nice weather but will chose them carefully. We need to get out and do a few things to help us mentally.

Sewing

I tidied up the sewing room yesterday and got all the thread clippings off the floor. Somehow they seem to fall all around the sewing machine cabinet. 

I decided to make a pair of historical bloomers for the dolls. I used Oh Sew Kat's pattern Boardwalk Boutique and the hack for the pants. I used a piece of lightweight linen (fat quarter in size) and 25-26" of cotton eyelet. 

The hack is really informative about how to adjust the pants to add on the lace. I cut my lace narrower (1/2" above the last row of eyelets). When I sewed the lace on, I left extra on each side, pressed the seam up, serged, and then laid the pattern on top of the piece and cut it to the correct shape. 

These bloomers fit the best of any pull on ones I have made. 

They fit beautifully in the back also. 

I will be making more of these once I get some white cotton. 

Knitting

I did not knit last night as I was tired and we talked. 

Today

I am cleaning the bathroom this morning. I want to sew this afternoon and try to knit tonight. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment