Saturday, February 26, 2022

Another Friday Storm

 Yesterday started out cold and grey and by 11 a.m. the snow started to fall. The high got to -9.7C and there was about 6" or more of snow fall. The wind blew and there was drifting happening. This morning, it is -13C and the wind is still blowing. It is suppose to get to -5C with sunshine with little or no wind. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The Rev TBA Allison recovered his Gordon Setter that had strayed and was advertised in the Bulletin. The dog had wandered from West LaHave Ferry to Milton, Queens Co. Feb 26, 1901.

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a better day for us. We had a good chuckle at the movers moving the people into the house behind us. They certainly are not experienced and doing it in a snow storm showed their inexperience. 

I packed a box for daughter and we took it to the post office before lunch. The roads were still good with just a light amount of snow on them. By 4 pm there was a good 4". Our road was plowed about 4:30 pm and twice during the night. The loader is noisy but we are thankful to have the roads cleared. They have been salted this morning.

Daughter-in-law and grandson were in to shovel the driveway last night and were done just as the loader came to plow. The Spousal Unit will do the driveway today.

I had a nap yesterday afternoon as I was tired and starting to fall apart. I felt better and was able to cope the rest of the afternoon. 

The number of cases continues to drop in the province and there will be weekly reports rather than daily. 

Sewing

As I wanted to get the parcel out to daughter yesterday, I spent the morning making piping. Both pieces are about 3 meters in length and I used up .5 meter of fabric. 

The black piping has silver dots on it and has been in the works for a while now. 

The brown is fairy frost and I love how it turned out. 


As I make more piping, I will have to head into Halifax and order more cording. I want to continue making it between other projects. 

Knitting

I had a good look into the 3 weight yarn yesterday. I have quite a bit of it as two designers used it a lot in the patterns I was testing. I found a ball I liked and I decided to knit a pattern I really enjoyed testing. I was knitting it a year ago.


I chose a Lion Brand yarn this time and got started on it. 

I am enjoying the bright colors and the pattern is easy to follow. By the time we had our tea I had the sweater divided.

The striping is amazing and I'm sure it will be appreciated when done. I will do the scarf and hat also. When this is done, I will knit a pair of socks and then back to a pattern for the dolls. 

Today

I am wanting to finish up the spare room (vacuum and wash the floors), set up the Juki and start sewing a doll's outfit. Tonight will be knitting. I also have to figure out what I want to sew and knit for March. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment