Thursday, February 24, 2022

Progress On Projects

Yesterday started out with rain and then it stopped. The high was 13.3C and we had 7.1 mm of rain. During the day it brightened up and cooled off in the evening. This morning it is -8C with a wind chill of -17C. 20C difference in a day. We are to have sunshine today with a high of -4C.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The ladies of the Presbyterian church are giving socials every Friday fortnight for the small sum of 10 cents. You get cake, coffee, innocent games, flirting thrown in. Baddeck Feb 24, 1897.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned and purged the spare room. I took out a bag of garbage, sorted paper work, cleaned the closet and put away mailing boxes and spare sewing machine. Only the floor needs doing and the room is done. 

Mid afternoon we went to get the Juki sewing machine from the post office. The Spousal Unit was worrying about someone stealing it so it needed to come home. He settled down once it was decided we would go.

We watched the briefing yesterday and it has been decided that restrictions will be lifted March 21. We will never see Covid Zero so must start living with covid. We are nervous but will start moving towards a more normal life. Masks will remain a part of our toolbox as will hand sanitizer. 

Sewing

I spent a good hour sewing on the lining of the bag. I put on a big pocket that has a velcro closure on it. The back seam of the lining is sewn ready for the bottom seam and boxing to be done.

I have to make black piping for the handles and button closure next so I can assemble the bag and finish it. 

Daughter loves this bag so much she is sending more of the fabric for one for her. If enough of the feature fabric arrives, I will make one for son-in-law also so they can have bags for when they go to dog trials and shows. 

Once this bag is done, I will set up the Juki and start the place mats. 

Knitting

I finished the gusset on the sock and have only the foot and toe to finish up the sock. 

A couple of nights and it will be finished. Hurrah. 

Today

I am heading out to shop in a few minutes, then sew on the bag this morning, doctor's this afternoon and knit tonight. I am a bit worried about how the Spousal Unit will be tonight but I will work through it calmly if I can.

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment