Friday, February 11, 2022

A Morning Out

 Though yesterday started out cloudy, the afternoon was sunny. The high got to 4.3C and it is 3C this morning. We are to have more sunshine and a high of 6C today. 

Small History Nova Scotia

There is quite an interest in Temperance work in the community at present. The Lodge in connection with the Good Templars is in excellent condition. Sherbrook Feb 11 1886.

Lifestyle

We went to Coldbrook yesterday morning to get the Spousal Unit 2 pairs of gloves and some apples. The little store was busy so we couldn't wander around to look. Hopefully the next time we can snoop around. 

We were going to stop for take out lunch but the place we chose was very busy so we came home and made our lunches instead. 

I had a nap after lunch and then woke to find the Spousal Unit couldn't find the stem to his pipe. I went out and looked and after 20 minutes found it in plain sight. The Spousal Unit went outside and chipped and shoveled away at ice on the front walk. 

The number of cases in the hospital is 90 with 11 in ICU. This is remaining stable. The number of new cases reported each day is around 400. There was 1 death reported yesterday also. 

Sewing

We stopped at the quilt shop on our way home. I was on the waiting list to go in and waited almost 30 minutes. The restrictions only allow 15 people inside at one time.  

It was busy and people were ignoring the directional arrows, buying lots of fabric, and were having a great time visiting while they shopped. As I had a list, I got what I needed fairly quickly. I didn't look at lace trims as I didn't go down that aisle.

This month I want to make place mats using these fabrics. 

The gingerbread fabric is from the stash. I hope to make mug rugs. These are gifts for friends. 

Daughter sent me the print to make the breeder of her dogs a reusable grocery bag. I got the fabric for it also. 

The base of the bag will be black and the top will have the gold as a trim along with the handles and lining in gold. If I can do it, I will make some black piping for the handles. 

The last piece was one daughter wanted for a western shirt. I got the last meter and now she can make 2 shirts. 

I didn't sew yesterday as I was tired and ended up only getting the linen for the bustle starched. 

Knitting

The blue socks are now known as Smurf socks. I am about 10 rows from starting the heel flap. Progress is being made rather quickly on the 2nd pair. 

Today

I'm heading out in a few minutes to grocery shop. Then it's laundry, housework, sewing and knitting. 

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment