Friday, February 04, 2022

Storm #4 Has Arrived

 Yesterday was a lovely warm day with a high of 10.1C. The snow melted as did any ice on the driveway. It started to rain in the afternoon and there was about 1/4" fell. The temperature this morning was -3C and there was snow on the ground. Not a lot but some. We are to have freezing rain today.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

All the ice on the first lake will be harvested and it is quite possible that a good slice will be cut in second lake. A large number of men and teams are engaged, and the lakes present a most busy scene. Dartmouth Feb 4 1899.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning the Spousal Unit scraped the driveway clean of all ice in preparation of the storm. While he was doing that, I did some housework though I had to rest due to my sciatic nerve flared up. These storms have been hard on my poor joints. 

The power for our area was off for about 2 hours last night. The cause was under investigation so we may never know the reason why. I slept horridly as I didn't have my CPAP. I wake up constantly from the large number of apenas I have. 

I read that Schubenacadie Sam (Nova Scotia's groundhog) saw her shadow predicting long hard winter conditions for the next 6 weeks. I could be 10 weeks for spring comes late to Nova Scotia.

The positivity rate for the virus is continuing to drop here from almost 13% on Wednesday to just over 10% on Thursday. Hospitalization are remaining about the same but there were 4 more deaths reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I got the outer skirt completed yesterday and on it's own waistband. I may take out the hand sewing and sew the under skirt onto it also as the directions were vague. The front three panels of the underskirt have been serged and sewn together. One of the back pieces has a Hong Kong finish on the center back seam. The other back piece is ready to do. I also need to add a piece of twill tape to the back of the upper skirt. 

Knitting

I finished the test pattern and it is cute. I now need to give it a bit of steam and sew on the buttons. Once that is done, I can take pictures. 

I started to unknit the heavy sock so I can do the padded stitch when turning the heel. I need to pay attention to what I am doing. 

Today

I am going to have a nap this morning as I am tired and have a headache in the making. I would like to get the buttons on the knitted top but am not sure what else I will be able to do. I am thinking of making a hardy chicken noodle soup and have it simmer on the stove for dinner. I have all the fixings for it. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment