Monday, February 28, 2022

A Good Day In All Areas

 Though yesterday was cloudy with flurries, it wasn't dull and dark. The high got to -0.3C which was nice. Though they said flurries for last night, we got snow. This morning it is -10C and we are to have a high of -9C, flurries and a cold north wind. 

Small History Nova Scotia

Stage driver Steverman reports that LaHave River ice is 18 inches thick at Ritcey's Cove. Feb 29, 1888.

Lifestyle

I thought yesterday was going to start out bad but the Spousal Unit had an hours nap and woke up in a much better mood. 

I spent the time he was asleep and a bit more cleaning the bathroom. I did the lights and fan which had a light coat of white fluff on them. It is done and the whole room feels clean. 

We went for a drive in the early afternoon. We went down the main highway to Exit 4 (St. Croix) and drove home the old highway. The Spousal Unit told me what he remembered on the drive and I was amazed. He hasn't been on the road for 8 months or more. We stopped at family's on our way home for a short visit. The cat they are looking after was out visiting with all of us. 

It was a great afternoon.

Sewing

I spent an hour in the sewing room before lunch and a bit of time after lunch. I got the top of the Boardwalk Boutique outfit done. 

The ruffle is 24" and I am thinking when I make the pattern again I would make it 36". I will decide when I finish the pants. I may try the plain band or even just the outfit with no ruffles on it. I love patterns with possibilities.

The pattern is wonderfully drafted and goes together really well. The back has elastic in it as it is a halter top and it fits to perfection. Oh Sew Kat even shows how to use ribbon for the ties. I'm going to try that next time as this pattern is definitely one to be made again. 

Knitting

I got the first sleeve done on the sweater and am working on the 2nd one. The two sleeves will be different colors. I could have pulled the wool out and did them both in the off white but this sweater is one where I use the wool as it comes off the skein. 

This pattern is one I will make again after I have rotated through the others I want to knit in between socks.

Today

Our plans to go for a drive this morning are not happening so I will spend time cleaning our bedroom. I would love to sew the pants for the doll's outfit and knit tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment