Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Almost Done The Bodice

 Yesterday was sunny but cold. The high got to -9.3C. In the late afternoon we had a snow flurry which gave us an bit of whiteness. This morning it is -18C and we are to have -3C and we are to have sunshine. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Winter dairying is carried on quite extensively in this place, there being 7 or 8 of our farmers engaged in it, and we believe with profit. Brule Feb 16 1900.

(It seems as if people didn't milk cows in the winter unless it was for their own use. They didn't have the facilities to do this in like they do today.)

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit spent the day shoveling snow off the driveway and the deck. It was cold going for him but he did an awesome job. He was tired when he got done. 

I folded laundry, did laundry and some cleaning up. I am enjoying doing some housework each day.  

There were 226 confirmed cases of the virus and 6 deaths reported yesterday. There are 74 people in covid units with 11 in ICU. 

Sewing

I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room working on the bodice of the outfit. I still have one more piece to add to the back of the bodice and then decide on how I am going to cover the waistband to hide the seams. 

I have only basted the front apron and one back panel on so gathering threads can be seen. I do like how the front apron is attached to the bodice and, at this point, wish I had lace to put on it. None in the stash. 

The side panel is nice also and I have to adjust it a bit. 

I am going to cut out a waistband in cream broadcloth to cover the inside of the waistband. I'm not going to put this much time and effort into an outfit to have an unfinished waistband. I have red buttons for the back - 2 of them which means that I have no more of them. Hurrah.

I started to layout the skirt and I need to have time to focus on folding the fabric, cut, refold, cut, and repeat 4 more times. Then it is more pieces to be cut out and a front skirt piece that need ruching. A lot of pieces to the skirt puzzle. 

Knitting

I worked on the sock yesterday and have started the plain knitting on the leg. I took a picture as I finished the cuff. 

I am finding this sock even easier to knit than the last one. I'm glad that I spent the time to knit these heavy socks one after another. Practice makes for remembering what to do easier. 

Today

I am going shopping a bit later this morning, doing some tidying up and then sewing and knitting. 

Until the next time.......................................................................
 


No comments:

Post a Comment