Thursday, February 17, 2022

Another Storm Coming

 Yesterday was sunny and, though it started out cold, it warmed up. The high was 3C which happened during the night. This morning it is 7C and we are under three warnings -- flash freeze warning, wind warning, and rain warning. The flash freeze warning is the high is going to be near 11C today and tomorrow morning and then drop rapidly to -4C tomorrow night. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

We regret to state that "mat fever" has broken out afresh. Its sister complaint "quilt fever" has been going the rounds for some time. "Tis confined to the ladies only. Victoria Harbor Feb 17 1897.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I got groceries and we headed out to take tulips to the family. Son had slipped on ice the day before and badly sprained his ankle. He is doing fine and we had laughed as he told the story of his misadventure. 

When we got home, we sat on the couch and promptly fell asleep for almost an hour. We are still recovering from everything this winter has brought us. 

There were 3 deaths and 66 people in covid units with 9 in the ICU reported yesterday. Though the number of hospital cases are going down, there are more deaths than I like to see. 

Sewing

 I finished the bodice of the Liberty Society dress. I got the waistband sewn on properly after attaching the 2nd side panel. It was on incorrectly. Took it all off, pressed the gathered pieces and tried again. Done correctly. Though the waistband is lined, my idea needs to be improved. 

I love how the side panels fit over the lobster tail bustle. 


The fit of the bodice is really good on this doll.  I wish I had lace for this outfit but I had none in cream. 

I have been quilt pattern hunting and I found this quilt for an idea for a quilt. I love the simplicity of the borders around a center panel. 

It took me quite a while to find the free pattern to download. 

The other free pattern I found was a small gift bag that I am going to make to hold a small gift.  

I have to refrain from getting too many ideas in my head until this dress pattern is done. 

Knitting

The Unicorn socks are coming along well. I got the flap done, the heel turned, and the gusset stitches picked up. I'm ready to start decreasing the gusset now. 


I'm a row counter hence all the markers in the sock. 


I love the padded stitches in the heel flap, heel and down the bottom of the foot while decreasing the gusset. They do add some extra strength to that part of the foot. 

Today

We are home today so I hope to do some housework and laundry. I want to start cutting out the skirt for the dress and knit on the socks. If there is no rain, I would love to shut off the heat, open the windows and clean the filters on the heat pump. 

Until the next time...................................................

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying keeping up with the Truckers there in Canada!

    ReplyDelete