Sunday, February 27, 2022

Preparing Projects

 Yesterday was cold and sunny. The high got to -7.6C. This morning it is -8C and we've had a flurry. The sun may shine today and the high is to get to -2C.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Lumbering is going on here at present quite brisk. There has been a good deal of travelling on the ice lately between here and Baie Verte. Lorneville Feb 27, 1905.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning our neighbor came over and blowed the snow out of the driveway at the road. The Spousal Unit went out and shoveled the driveway clean before lunch. Daughter-in-law and grandson came over and grandson scooped the last three bits off the driveway. 

After lunch, the Spousal Unit cleaned off the deck and he did enjoy the sunshine. The sun had some heat to it and he soaked it up. 

I finished cleaning the spare bedroom and got the floors vacuumed and scrubbed. It is good to have that room purged and cleaned. I also wiped down the washer and drier and vacuumed that closet to the best of my ability. The kitchen floor got vacuumed also. 

Sewing

As I was tired yesterday, I decided not to sew but to set up the Juki and do a few little things. The Juki works beautifully but I need to let them know the threader does not work. 

I spent some time cutting out the Boardwalk Boutique pattern. It is an easy pattern to sew and I am hoping it will only take a couple of sessions to finish. The stripe fabric is ruffles.

I also starched and ironed the fabrics for the placemats. It got hung over a chair to dry before cutting out the pieces. 

I was snooping through the jewelry I have and found these buttons. I am going to use them on items I sew or knit. The button covers will be the hardest to figure out so I may make myself something with them. 

Last year I made our Wolfville friends a reusable grocery bag and it has been well used and loved. I had thought she might like it when she shops at the Farmer's Markets but she uses it for everything. Here is a picture of it as a beach bag on a beach in Florida.

It thrills me when a gift gets well used.

Knitting

I got the body of the sweater done last night. I sit and knit when the Spousal Unit needs quiet time so am knitting a bit more in the afternoons along with evenings. 


The colorway is Tutti Frutti. The sleeves will be done next and I will put white buttons on it. It is a gift for the little girl I make doll clothes for.

Today

The Spousal Unit is a bit off today so plans may change. I want to scrub the bathroom this morning and then take him for a drive. I doubt if I will get any sewing done today which is okay with me. Keeping the Spousal Unit calm is the top priority for the day. I will knit tonight.

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment