Monday, April 01, 2019

Working On Projects Old and New

We finally have warm weather. Sunshine, wind, and today rain. Unfortunately, the wind still feels like the north wind going home. - cold. The high yesterday was 16C which has been our warmest day this year. 

Lifestyle

I had a lovely birthday on Saturday. Daughter sent me a bouquet of lovely flowers. 
Daughter-in-law made me a lovely dinner of chicken enchiladas and chocolate dipped strawberries. From them I got a gift card and a new watch strap. 

Health

This is keep a close watch on what I eat week due to my birthday dinner. I'm doing fine and will take a maintain at weigh in. 
As I've lost weight, the Spousal Unit wants me to buy some new clothes as a reward and a birthday gift. I found shoes but nothing else that I liked. 

Sewing

On Saturday, I cleaned up the sewing room. Three bags of garbage went out. The cutting table got cleaned up along with everything put in its right place. The floors got swept. It felt good to have the room done. 
In the afternoon, I hemmed grandson's pants, put a button on son's shirt and fixed his dress pants. 
Sunday, I decided to put in one sleeve on the western shirt. It actually went in better than I thought. 
The second sleeve is ready to have the seams serged and put in. I'm making slow progress on it but should have it done this week. 
I  decided to sew up a dress pattern so see what the skirt looked like using less gathering. I tried it on Emelia.
I still need to finish it up and hem it. Not sure if I like the ribbon on the dress or not. 
The two dresses are out of the same pattern with different skirt fullnesses. 
I do like both. 
When I sewed the blue dress, I followed the instructions for sewing the side seams. Very finicky. I learned a new way when I did the green vest and it worked beautifully on the new dress. I'll do a tutorial the next time as I am making this dress a couple of more times. I'm preparing myself for my bodice to see the difference with each skirt. 

Knitting

I cast on a lovely lilac yarn to make a sweater to go with the dress I made yesterday. I am about 4 rows from casting off and sewing it up. It is such an easy knit to go with these dresses. 
There is a new knit along for April. Take a picture of your yarn with the doll of your choice and you get the pattern sent to you in 3 parts. When you show the part finished, you get the next one. I will dig out the yarn this morning and do it. It is to be a dress and capelet. 

Today

I will be doing some housework, finishing the dress and sweater and putting in the second sleeve on the western shirt. A wet day doing things inside. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment