Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sewing Room Vision Has Begun

Yesterday it rained off and on. The wind was gusty and it was quite warm. I kind of assumed the storm was coming up from the tropics. Why? The temperature at 2 a.m. was 22C; a full 24C warmer than it had been 48 hours prior to that. And yes, I did turn on all the ceiling fans and the a/c.
It is raining hard enough that someone doesn't want to go and put the garbage out. 

Lifestyle

Wednesday morning was busy. The Spousal Unit and I spent quality time together sanding the sewing room. When my sanding was done, I vacuumed the dust up. It was one of those win-win situations. I got the floors pretty dust free. 
We are getting excited about debeiging our builder's grade cookie cutter house. We are both excited to add our flavor to this house to make it what we want it to be. We both laugh and say the next people will be degreying this house. 

Sewing Room

The sewing room has a dark corner in it. It has been a hard place to figure out what to use it for. I decided that it could be my reading corner. 
I am thinking of putting in a chair, book shelf, and corner desk into the area beside the closet. As you can see, it has no lights so I'm leaning towards buying a lamp that looks like this one. 
I love the look of this lamp as it is a cross between industrial and farmhouse. My small peg board can go up on the wall for my ideas. I'm seeing this as a good place. My vision of this room is coming together. 

Today

I'm going to put the plastic on the floor. Tape it down and get ready to paint. That will allow the Spousal Unit to fix a spot in the ceiling. We are moving ahead; slow but sure. 
Until the next time....................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment