Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Big Fibre Diet

Yesterday was remarkably humid. So humid that we were sweating with the a/c on. The remnants of Florence have come. The high was 26C, the humidity 76% and the humidex temperature was 30C. Like walking into a sauna. Yucky to say the least. 

Lifestyle

As hard as it was to stay focused and do housework, I had to. Yesterday morning I noticed orange "mould" on the compost bin. Yes, orange. I freaked out and the Spousal Unit got rid of the compost bag as I was making breakfast. I couldn't get it out of my mind while I 

  • made the bed
  • dusted the bedroom
  • swept the bedroom floor
  • wiped off bathroom counters and cleaned the toilet
  • swept the bathroom floors.
When I got to it, I took disinfected wipes to the floor and realized the orange "mold" was the powder from a Kraft dinner package. Now, I wonder who put that package into the compost bin? (finger pointing to the Spousal Unit) All is well as everything has been scrubbed to within an inch of its life. 
I worked all day upstairs as the Spousal Unit was removing moulding and baseboards in the sewing room. It was a monumental day as I cleaned the dining and living areas. Yes, that means dusting and removing cat hair from the bottom of the chair legs. Then I did the dreaded entry way. It is the area that cat hair, grass clippings, and other interesting things go to die. Two things remain to be done 
  • wash the floors
  • tidy up the guest room
I have another day to do all of that. I can guarantee that it will be there tomorrow. Plus the other cleaning I do on a regular basis. This slob needs to try and keep this house tidy. 

Sewing Room

I have been working on my vision for my sewing room. It is a large room that can become a total mess in about 35 seconds if I don't watch myself. Yes, I am a slob and when it gets to a certain point of messiness, I notice I loose my creativity. I have to clean to get myself creative again. 
But.....I have learned something else about myself. I can't handle all the stuff that is in my sewing room. I am realizing it also kills my creativity. If the stash is hidden behind closet doors, I can stay creative. If in the open, I am absorbed at how I should be sewing it up and how fast I need to get it sewn up. Like a magpie looking at those sparkly things and deciding which one to take.
And....I don't like dark painted rooms to sew in. The dark colors suck the creativity out of me. I have to pack it up and leave. This was discovered since moving into this house. My other sewing rooms (and houses) ended up being light and airy feeling. 
Now that I have that sorted out (Whew!), I can think about the vision of that room. 
The vision is starting to form in the recesses of my mind. Generally speaking I want a room that is a place in which I enjoy creating in. I want a life that has a place for everything and everything in its place. So how does that look in reality?

  • I want specific areas in the room. Areas that aren't overflowing into other areas. I want these areas organized and if that means having less is best then that is what it is. 
  • I want peg board on the walls so I can hang items up that I use on a daily basis.
  • I want storage that is not a pain in the you know what. A place for everything and everything in its place. 
I keep repeating that the goal is to sew down the stash and store it in a dresser in the closet. I have to make it a reality. A big time reality. And no day dreaming, procrastinating and blah, blah, blah. If I plan on getting the vision of this room a reality, I need to get the stash reduced. That said, this slob is not allowed to bring any more fabric into the house. Oh, lets include notions and other supplies unless I really and truthfully need it. This is a big fibre diet. 
 The stuff we own is creating the life we want in every room but the sewing room. 

Today

We are going to get drywall mud so the Spousal Unit can do the repairs needed in the sewing room. I will be taking my machines out of the room and covering furniture to keep the dust off of it. The floor will be covered with plastic before any mud goes on the floor. 
Until the next time...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment