Saturday, September 08, 2018

I Fell Off The Wagon

Yesterday was a lovely, sunny, cooler day. It was delightful. This morning is cool and we are to have about the same type of day as yesterday. 

Lifestyle

After posting whether I need to purge or organize, I did a bit of researching. I found two blogs that I enjoyed reading. Both are real life situations and don't say do this or that or you can purge/declutter in X number of days. They talk more about their journey. 
The first blog is Setting My Intention. This blogger shows her before and after pictures. She talked about her feelings and how things can get overwhelming as in their basement. I know that feeling and have walked out of a room feeling so overwhelmed I didn't know where to start. 
The second blog is A Slob Comes Clean. She has been doing this for 9 years and is still a work in progress. She has a great sense of humor. She started the process small and over the years has continued to clean her house. This blog you read starting the first post. She is my kind of lady. 

Where Am I?

I think I am past the purging stage of life. That finally ended when we moved from the west coast to the east coast. (Why did it take a huge move to get to this stage?) I am now really into the decluttering and organizing part of life. At my age you'd think I had this down pat. I do but most times the plan is complicated and I fail. 
I need to work slowly on this. Yes, slowly and keep it simple. I can do it. Bit by bit by bit. 
Yesterday I cleaned our bedroom. The easiest place in the house to clean. The bedside tables have 2 items on each of them. The treadle sewing machine, the wash stand and dresser have a whopping total of 1 item in total. And that 1 item has to go. We don't have items out because Elliott knocks them onto the floor when we ignore him in the morning. He thinks the day starts at 5:30 a.m. on a good day and 4:30 if he is really ambitious. 

  • I started out cleaning this room first because
  • It is the easiest room to tackle
  • I could feel the fluff and white dust in the room every time I went into the room. 
I stripped the bed and did all the bedding. The room was moved around so we could rotate the mattress. Then it was dusted, the windows washed, and the floor swept and washed. It is clean and fresh and the dust isn't bothering me anymore. A big yes!! This morning I made the bed and it is looking good in there. It is a start and I'm feeling happy with it. 

Sewing

Of the 5.75 meters I laundered, I have cut 2 meters into burrito pillowcases. One is sewn and the second is ready to start sewing. 
The other fabric has been designated to projects that will be done as soon as possible. Reusable grocery bag and a couple of small bags. All in a soccer motif. The other fabric is pressed and one piece is suppose to become a western shirt, the other a grocery bag. 
I kind of fell of the wagon and purchased fabric to make 3 western shirts. 
I had the arrow fabric and bought the yellow broadcloth. 
I had the bear fabric and bought the green. 
And this fabric was the best of all. I bought both of them. 
I need to make piping and buy buttons. I am all set to start selling three shirts either on the east or the west coast. 

Today

A load of laundry is on and I am going to clean the bathroom. I also plan on sewing the second pillow case and start emptying the sewing room. 
Will I purge? No.
Will I organize? Yes.
Until the next time...................................


No comments:

Post a Comment