Saturday, September 01, 2018

An AHA Moment

Yesterday started out cool and was a lovely warm sunny day. We had a high of 23C. This morning is cool and cloudy. We could have a shower but if not, we hope it is cool again today.

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning up more of the kitchen. As I cleaned, we talked about the empty wall space near the back door. 
I would love to install shelves on that blank space and showcase some of the antique kitchen items I have collected for nearly 45 years. 
The other thing I want to move is the coffee station. Over to the other side of the kitchen and place a new microwave on that counter and install just a stove hood above the stove. Eventually. 
I got the cupboards at the sink scrubbed out and am ready to tackle the lazy susan (that will be revamped also). 
I also played with a flower arrangement for the desk in the sewing room. It will remain plain white with the green leaves. It still needs some tweaking. 

Sewing

While digging out the fabric for cloth grocery bags, I found this piece of cotton in the piles of fabric. 
The goal is to make a western shirt out of it and sell it. I am going to try my hand at these again using a new pattern. There is barrel racing in the Maritimes and this will be my try at selling them on this side of Canada.
I worked on the doll test pattern and I got myself totally confused. Part of it is the period of the outfit and part is my total ignorance of said period of the outfit. I had thought there was a gown to go with the dress but, alas, there isn't. Only a shift which further confused me. So, I looked and read and looked some more and reread. I had the AHA moment only to discover I had sewn the collar on wrong. Now I have to rip 3 or 4 seams apart and put it on correctly. But, to be honest, the pattern is a dream to sew. Well drafted and clear and concise instruction. Now that I know more about the clothing in this era, I admire the detail that has gone into drafting this pattern. 

Today

I will clean more of the kitchen and may unpack some of the good china. Sewing in the afternoon with hopes of finishing the robe. 
Until the next time....................

No comments:

Post a Comment